Nothing but static on DTS source

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Nothing but static on DTS source

Postby Wixner » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Congratulations on another fine release, but I got some real issues with DTS source materials.

No matter what sourcefile I'm trying to stream, the only thing I get is static. The display on my Reciever displays the "DTS" string, but detects the signal as stereo channel only (The two frontspeakericon is lit, the rest is darkened), as does the Ps3, but 2ch LPCM@1.5mpbs. I have verified that the Ps3 is configured for "Left and Right" as well as "Normal" on the volume.

Attaching the debug from the latest attempt.
Attachments
debug.zip
(27.02 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Wixner

Re: Nothing but static on DTS source

Postby devedge » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:29 pm

Same problem here, even though the Left + Right and Normal Volume is selected. You cant hear any sound. My PS3 is connected to my Harman Kardon AVR355 Amp. Need Help.
devedge

Re: Nothing but static on DTS source

Postby karine123 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:02 pm

checked here abt your issue , (i'm using pms 1.11.347 rev with mencoder from 1.10.51 and tsmuxer in first priotity)

-first : when i play a dts file , my ps3 displays 2ch LPCM (think it's normal ?) but my amp displays dts 5.1 and play fine
-second : checked also the configuration of the sound in ps3 xmb , all the sound types are enabled (maybe your issue?)

please try to check your configuration in your ps3 xmb and let me know.

BR
karine123

Return to General Help and Support