Thumbnail problem

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Thumbnail problem

Postby Carnivac » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:35 am

For a while now I've been having a small issue with thumbnails seen while accessing the PC's hard drive with the PS3 via PS3 MS. Every video file that's not in the transcoded folders but work fine anyways, have the wrong thumbnail. Instead of having what I would expect like a preview of the actual video, they seem to be using the 'album art' picture of a Doctor Who audio mp3 story which isn't even present on the hard drive anymore so why's this somehow using it's image? Is there some way to correct this or even just remove the picture with a default generic video one as it's a little confusing.
Carnivac

Re: Thumbnail problem

Postby Carnivac » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:02 pm

Could someone at least give some idea of where the image is being kept so I can delete it?
Carnivac

Postby Topguy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Have you tried resetting the MediaLibrary ?
Topguy

Postby Carnivac » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:49 pm

Just tried that but the Doctor Who image still comes up. I hadn't noticed these extra options before (just installed the latest version yesterday). Strange thing though... the Dr Who thing only seems to be the C:\Torrents\Completed folder, but not it's subfolders. For example the Wonder Woman animated movie downloaded in there, but in it's own subfolder and the thumbnail appears correctly.

EDIT: I found the damn Dr Who image. The fact it was only happening in that one folder made me suspicious so I set Windows Explorer to show hidden files, but nothing, then I set to show protected system files, and yup. Two images appeared. Both of the Doctor Who image called AlbumArtSmall.jpg and Folder.jpg. I've deleted those and finally the image is gone. The thumbnails in that folder are now movie reel segment icon than the folders all seem to have to which is a bit confusing but least the misleading Doctor Who pic is gone for good.

Also in there was thumbs.db which seems to appear in all folders I've browsed with Media Server. Is that it's thumbnail thing then?

EDIT2: Tinkered a bit more and it seems to be showing correct thumbnails for that folder now. I guess it just needed the Doctor Who image to be gone before it could fix things. I still don't get how this even happened but it's sorted now. Cheers.
Carnivac

Postby JayMan007 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:07 am

Any idea how to create a thumbnail (cover.jpg) for a folder?

Say to use 1 thumbnail for an album or a TV series.
JayMan007

Postby Uridium » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:01 pm

JayMan007 wrote:Any idea how to create a thumbnail (cover.jpg) for a folder?

Say to use 1 thumbnail for an album or a TV series.

Just drop a jpg called "folder.jpg" into the same folder as the video files. It's all documented in the applications readme tab
Uridium

Return to General Help and Support