FLAC files @ 96kHz not playing at correct sample rate

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

FLAC files @ 96kHz not playing at correct sample rate

Postby paulbalegend » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:31 pm

I'm trying to play high res (24bit/96kHz) FLAC audio files via PS3.

High res FLAC files will play if I have "audio_resample=true" in PMS.conf, but this defeats the whole point of a high-res FLAC audio file.
Also, it is possible to play the files by navigating into Video in XMB instead of Music; however, even with audio_resample=false, it is resampling to 48kHz. Again, this defeats the point of 96kHz sample rate. Why the resampling????

The receiver is connected to PS3 with HDMI, and PS3 is configured to output every format available, including LPCM 2.0 96kHz, LPCM 5.1 96kHz.

I also have this problem when I try 5.1 channel 96kHz FLAC audio files, such as those at http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html . When selected from Video folder, it does play as 5.1 channel, but still 48kHz.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening and/or how to fix? Any help is much appreciated.
paulbalegend

Re: FLAC files @ 96kHz not playing at correct sample rate

Postby Vivo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm sorry to bump old topic such as this one, but I'd really like to know that is it possible to stream high resolution FLAC audio files without resampling? My computer plays these files as they are without any problems, but I haven't had any luck when trying to stream these files to my PS3 / Receiver.

I've tried all sorts of combinations and advises found from there forums, but everything I try seems end up breaking the 24/96 FLAC playback entirely, or the file gets resampled to 44,1 48 or 176,4.

I'd highly appreciate if someone could help to find a solution to this dilemma. :-)
Vivo

Return to General Help and Support