content protected by Cinavia

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

content protected by Cinavia

Postby ankorez » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:48 am

hi all

i'm new in this forum but
It's been i use PMS

recently i have a msg when i played a mkv

the audio was cut off temporarily
do not adjust the volume
This content is protected by Cinavia reading about this system is not AUTHORIZED
for more informations please consult http://www.cinavia.com....
............blablabla...

know if you gonna be generalized?
ankorez

Re: content protected by Cinavia

Postby devildog93 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Not sure what you are asking. Is this going to be a common thing? Possibly, just not yet.

What movie was it?
devildog93

Postby edgarvhulcer » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:09 am

I'm having the exact same problem here with RESIDENT EVIL AFTERLIFE Blu ray rip stored in my laptop and served through PS3 Media Server 1.10.51

Looking for a workaround as I write this...
edgarvhulcer

Postby edgarvhulcer » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:23 am

Ok I found a workaround for this:
As I told you, I played RESIDENT EVIL AFTERLIFE Blu ray rip stored in my laptop and served through PS3 Media Server 1.10.51. I got the following message at minute 20 of the movie:

“Audio outputs temporarily muted. Do not adjust the playback volume. The content being played is protected by Cinavia™
and is not authorized for playback on this device. For more information, see http://www.cinavia.com. Message Code 3.”

Workaround/fix:

[mod]deleted[/mode]

Hope this description helps you out guys
Best
edgarvhulcer

Postby devildog93 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:45 am

Cool.

But way too much messing around for my liking. I'd rather strip the audio from the rip and replace with DVD audio stream, then you have a permanent fix. Or look for sources that upload files that already have this done.
Most release groups that focus on consoles, and specifically the PS3 have recognized this problem already and upload "Cinavia Free" releases.

But good post for people who are stuck with an infected file and just want to watch it once, and delete, or don't mind going thru those steps, especially if they ripped it themselves.

Other possible....and I have seen this posted numerous times on various forums........

reset your PS3 to factory settings, then don't enable WMA playback while setting it back up .
Supposedly the Cinavia message ceases to show after doing that. But that might be fixed by a firmware update so try at own risk.

I can't confirm this though as I have way too many files stored on my PS3 250GB Slim to wipe it just to try and see if it works, and I now have thousands of WMA audio files........and I only have 2 movies that have Cinavia protection, both of which I have replaced with working versions.

That being said, good post and thanks for the input 8-)
devildog93

Postby lloydy110 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:20 am

I got the 'audio muted' message 20 mins into 'The Other Guys' (great film by the way) which was playing from my ps3's hard drive.

I got around this by streaming wih PS3 Media Server after changing 'number of audio channels to 2. Works great, unless you want surround sound

Not a fix but but a good workaround for now.

lloydy110

Postby devildog93 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:06 pm

lloydy110 wrote:I got the 'audio muted' message 20 mins into 'The Other Guys' (great film by the way) which was playing from my ps3's hard drive.

I got around this by streaming wih PS3 Media Server after changing 'number of audio channels to 2. Works great, unless you want surround sound

Not a fix but but a good workaround for now.

Funny thing about the Cinavia protection on this film (The Other Guys). I watched the whole movie without a hitch on my server but when my roommate tried to play the same movie, he got the message on his PS3
Even funnier though, was that he didn't get the message until less than 10 minutes were left in the film. Usually if you are going to see the message, it happens damn near dead on the 20 minute mark.

Kinda strange. WIll try your suggestion if I come across this message again.
devildog93

Postby devlin85 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:33 am

That's so funny I ran into with "The Other Guys" as well and it was from the digital Copy! So WTF is going on with that! This must be some new ish that they havent quite worked out yet, It shouldn't be affecting legit copies of the movies. I just ended up rebooting my PS3 and disconnecting it from the internet and played it again and just went back to where i was, so if you can, just unplug and play!
devlin85

Postby devlin85 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:36 am

Here's an explanation how to get around it from their website! Thats not very smart!!

Typical on-screen message:

“Audio outputs temporarily muted. Do not adjust the playback volume. The content being played is protected by Cinavia™
and is not authorized for playback on this device. For more information, see http://www.cinavia.com. Message Code 3.”

Typical front panel message: “Cinavia™ playback restriction (3)”

Explanation:

The audio track of the video that you are playing contains a Cinavia code indicating that it is an unauthorized copy of professionally-produced content.
Recommendations If the video that you are playing is a professionally produced video (such as a movie or television show), you will need to obtain a copy that was made with the permission of the copyright owner.

If the video that you are playing is a home movie or other personal recording that includes some professionally produced content (including the audio track of a professionally produced video), to play your recording without muting you may either:

Pause the video, wait 30 seconds for the audio to be un-muted, then skip over those portions where the professionally produced material is used and continue playing the rest of the video, or Pause the video, wait 30 seconds for the audio to be un-muted, then play video from a different optical disc for at least 10 minutes before continuing playback of this video.
devlin85

Postby devildog93 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:36 pm

I finally just found an older Blu-Ray player (for free too :D ). I made sure to NOT connect it to the internet, thus avoiding it's FW being updated. I now just mux my Cinavia infected discs to BluRay structure (splitting the file if needed because of size ), burn to disc then play it that way. Works awesome, and you get can use the fullHD audio streams if desired by avoiding PMS.

Pretty much the ONLY guaranteed fix I have found that is ALSO simple, other than sticking with sources that upload Cinavia free releases.
I was doing the remux with DVD audio tracks. That works very well, but it is kind of a pain in the butt in two ways. You generally need to download two copies. A good DVD rip with highest quality AC3 or DTS stream possible, and a BluRay copy for the best possible video stream. Then you have to demux, remux etc. etc. Works, but is quite the chore.

Good find though for people who couldn't be bothered with remuxing and stripping, or can't find an older BluRay player . Thanks for posting it. :)
devildog93

Next

Return to General Help and Support