Does PMS support .img files ?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Does PMS support .img files ?

Postby Arne » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:00 pm

Hi,

First of all, a BIG thanks for this great piece of software !!
Now my question: can someone please tell me wether it is possible to stream a DVD image file (.img) ?
I downloaded one for testing but my PS§ doesn't show the file.
It seems the rest is working fine!

Kind regards,

Arne.
Arne

Re: Does PMS support .img files ?

Postby meskibob » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Search the forum please...
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Arne » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:42 pm

What a creative answer.... :?
Sorry to dissapoint you, but I DID search the forum.
The time you took to write me this answer, you could have answered my question properly! But maybe you can't answer it with a yes or no either... :lol:
Please do a search for the string "img" yourself and look what response you get...
The "Advanced seach" tells me: "Sorry but you are not permitted to use the search system." :shock:
Renaming it to .iso doesn't work for me either....

I hope someone can answer my question.

Kind regards,

Arne.
Arne

Postby meskibob » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:16 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=733&p=3817&hilit=+img#p3817
Albeit I thought this post would have shown up sooner when just searching for .img, but apparently several posts since the 23rd have also had contained that little word. However, searching for DVD brings it up by the second page. Not necessarily the most direct, but not outside the realm of intuition.

BTW, you might want to post there saying renaming doesn't work for all .imgs. Hopefully the reason why can be figured out with some file comparisons between what works with rename and yours that doesn't work. Thanks :)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support