Solved - MKV files & data unsupported / corrupted messages

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Solved - MKV files & data unsupported / corrupted messag

Postby Hachi » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:49 am

I had the same problem with subs not dissapearing when watching anime files, if the subs are ass I use avisyth/mencoder option, you may have to remux the mkv to make what you want to be default appear and make sure ass/ssa subs are checked in the settings.
Hachi
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Solved - MKV files & data unsupported / corrupted messag

Postby datdamnmachine » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:24 pm

Hachi wrote:I had the same problem with subs not dissapearing when watching anime files, if the subs are ass I use avisyth/mencoder option, you may have to remux the mkv to make what you want to be default appear and make sure ass/ssa subs are checked in the settings.


Well, the movies I'm watching only have the ASS/SSA subs as the default. I ran a test by putting mencoder.exe (28311) and mencoder_mt.exe (28126) from the stable 1.10.51 and used those instead of the latest and greatest builds on the anime Bakemonogatari. The ASS/SSA subs showed successfully. Unfortunately, this trick won't work with some of the newer MKV's that I have because they require the latest and greatest mencoder builds to work (such as Darker Than Black).

I did notice that both files are using vastly different version of mkvmerge to make the MKV containers. Probably why all the conflicts with mencoder builds and what-not.

Code: Select all
General
Complete name                    : D:\MOVIES\[Coalgirls]_Bakemonogatari_(1920x1080_Blu-Ray_FLAC)\[Coalgirls]_Bakemonogatari_01_(1920x1080_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[CB8C0798].mkv
Format                           : Matroska
File size                        : 1.34 GiB
Duration                         : 24mn 26s
Overall bit rate                 : 7 873 Kbps
Movie name                       : Bakemonogatari 01
Encoded date                     : UTC 2009-10-06 14:25:22
Writing application              : mkvmerge v2.9.7 ('Tenderness') built on Jul  1 2009 18:43:35
Writing library                  : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1
Cover                            : Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes

Video
ID                               : 1
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : High@L5.0
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 8 frames
Muxing mode                      : Container profile=Unknown@5.0
Codec ID                         : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                         : 24mn 26s
Nominal bit rate                 : 7 000 Kbps
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 23.976 fps
Color space                      : YUV
Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
Bit depth                        : 8 bits
Scan type                        : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.141
Title                            : Bakemonogatari 01
Writing library                  : x264 core 72 r1235 448b138
Encoding settings                : cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:-2:-2 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=8 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=7000 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
ID                               : 2
Format                           : FLAC
Format/Info                      : Free Lossless Audio Codec
Codec ID                         : A_FLAC
Duration                         : 24mn 26s
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                        : 16 bits
Title                            : 2.0 FLAC
Writing library                  : libFLAC 1.2.0 (UTC 2007-07-15)
Language                         : Japanese

Text
ID                               : 3
Format                           : ASS
Codec ID                         : S_TEXT/ASS
Codec ID/Info                    : Advanced Sub Station Alpha
Title                            : English
Language                         : English

Menu
00:00:00.000                     : en:Prologue / en:Ending
00:02:43.037                     : en:Opening
00:04:12.989                     : en:Episode
00:23:54.964                     : en:Preview


Code: Select all
General
Complete name                    : D:\MOVIES\[Coalgirls]_Darker_than_Black_-_Ryuusei_no_Gemini_(1920x1080_Blu-Ray_FLAC)\[Coalgirls]_Darker_than_Black_-_Gaiden_01_(1920x1080_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[F5B5E735].mkv
Format                           : Matroska
File size                        : 855 MiB
Duration                         : 24mn 14s
Overall bit rate                 : 4 933 Kbps
Movie name                       : Darker than Black Gaiden 01
Encoded date                     : UTC 2010-09-27 20:14:31
Writing application              : mkvmerge v4.3.0 ('Escape from the Island') built on Sep  5 2010 10:30:51
Writing library                  : libebml v1.0.0 + libmatroska v1.0.0
Cover                            : Yes / Yes / Yes

Video
ID                               : 1
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : High@L5.0
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 8 frames
Format settings, GOP             : N=1
Muxing mode                      : Container profile=Unknown@5.0
Codec ID                         : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                         : 24mn 14s
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 23.976 fps
Color space                      : YUV
Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
Bit depth                        : 8 bits
Scan type                        : Progressive
Title                            : Darker than Black Gaiden 01
Writing library                  : x264 core 96 r1613 81e75e9
Encoding settings                : cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.80:0.20 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=8 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=18.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
ID                               : 2
Format                           : FLAC
Format/Info                      : Free Lossless Audio Codec
Codec ID                         : A_FLAC
Duration                         : 24mn 14s
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                        : 16 bits
Title                            : 2.0 FLAC
Writing library                  : libFLAC 1.2.1 (UTC 2007-09-17)
Language                         : Japanese

Text
ID                               : 3
Format                           : ASS
Codec ID                         : S_TEXT/ASS
Codec ID/Info                    : Advanced Sub Station Alpha
Title                            : English
Language                         : English

Menu
00:00:00.000                     : en:Episode
00:21:47.056                     : en:Ending
00:23:17.021                     : en:Preview
datdamnmachine
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:32 am

Re: Solved - MKV files & data unsupported / corrupted messag

Postby Hachi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:30 pm

Coalgirls encodes are very finicky I found at times, the 7.1 flac in my thread was one of their encodes, yet the 5.1 encodes I had of theirs worked ok.

The 5.1 of their encode was CCS and the audio played fine using mencoder but the subs would be all over the shop so I used avisynth/mencoder to get them to display correctly. The 7.1 files was Eva 1.11 and didn't work correctly at all unless using avisynth/mencoder
Hachi
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Solved - MKV files & data unsupported / corrupted messag

Postby datdamnmachine » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:58 pm

Hachi wrote:Coalgirls encodes are very finicky I found at times, the 7.1 flac in my thread was one of their encodes, yet the 5.1 encodes I had of theirs worked ok.

The 5.1 of their encode was CCS and the audio played fine using mencoder but the subs would be all over the shop so I used avisynth/mencoder to get them to display correctly. The 7.1 files was Eva 1.11 and didn't work correctly at all unless using avisynth/mencoder


It's just not working on my end. I'm using beta v1.20.412 as I believe you are as well. I followed your instructions and put the appropriate files where they needed to be. As I mentioned, I can use the v1.10.51 mencoder.exe and mencoder_mt.exe builds and they work but the newer MKV's just won't work with those builds. Arrgggghhhhh!
datdamnmachine
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:32 am

Re: Solved - MKV files & data unsupported / corrupted messag

Postby Hachi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:37 pm

Maybe a fresh installation of everything, I had problems that I just couldn't cure but after a fresh installation of PS3MS it all worked (I couldn't get DTS to work for the life of me previously) because you may of corrupted something without realising.

Uninstall PS3MS, then reinstall the latest version, install avisynth 2.57 then copy over the 3 new files (mencoder, mencoder_mt and ffmpeg) don't change any settings to start off with and just give it a try wit mencoder and avisynth/mencoder.

I really don't know what else to suggest on either front.
Hachi
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Solved - MKV files & data unsupported / corrupted messag

Postby datdamnmachine » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:24 pm

Hachi wrote:Maybe a fresh installation of everything, I had problems that I just couldn't cure but after a fresh installation of PS3MS it all worked (I couldn't get DTS to work for the life of me previously) because you may of corrupted something without realising.

Uninstall PS3MS, then reinstall the latest version, install avisynth 2.57 then copy over the 3 new files (mencoder, mencoder_mt and ffmpeg) don't change any settings to start off with and just give it a try wit mencoder and avisynth/mencoder.

I really don't know what else to suggest on either front.


I may do that. I did come across these articles:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6234&start=10

The user noted getting his subs to work through ffdshow. I then found this:

http://otmanix.de/english/2009/10/11/ps ... w-coreavc/

I downloaded the Direct Show Filter Tweaker and used it on my system. The Bakemonogatair episode originally wasn't shows the ASS/SSA style subs, just the dialog before. Now it shows it. Unfortunately, it isn't working in PMS, though. Will give a clean uninstall a try and see where that takes me.
datdamnmachine
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:32 am

Re: Solved - MKV files & data unsupported / corrupted messag

Postby datdamnmachine » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:50 pm

datdamnmachine wrote:
Hachi wrote:Maybe a fresh installation of everything, I had problems that I just couldn't cure but after a fresh installation of PS3MS it all worked (I couldn't get DTS to work for the life of me previously) because you may of corrupted something without realising.

Uninstall PS3MS, then reinstall the latest version, install avisynth 2.57 then copy over the 3 new files (mencoder, mencoder_mt and ffmpeg) don't change any settings to start off with and just give it a try wit mencoder and avisynth/mencoder.

I really don't know what else to suggest on either front.


I may do that. I did come across these articles:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6234&start=10

The user noted getting his subs to work through ffdshow. I then found this:

http://otmanix.de/english/2009/10/11/ps ... w-coreavc/

I downloaded the Direct Show Filter Tweaker and used it on my system. The Bakemonogatair episode originally wasn't shows the ASS/SSA style subs, just the dialog before. Now it shows it. Unfortunately, it isn't working in PMS, though. Will give a clean uninstall a try and see where that takes me.


Nope. Clean install didn't help. Tried it with MEncoder and Avisynth/MEncoder. No dice. Full uninstall/re-install of PMS and Avisynth. All default settings (even directory settings). What luck.
datdamnmachine
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:32 am

Re: Solved - MKV files & data unsupported / corrupted messag

Postby Hachi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:16 pm

I'm going to dowload that darker than black ep01 you tried and see if it works for me.
Hachi
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Solved - MKV files & data unsupported / corrupted messag

Postby datdamnmachine » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:33 pm

Hachi wrote:I'm going to dowload that darker than black ep01 you tried and see if it works for me.


Thank you sir for the help, it is greatly appreciated.

***EDIT***

You may want to also download Bakemonogatari. It really pushes the ASS/SSA subs. Episode 1, in the first, scene, utilizes it.
datdamnmachine
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:32 am

Re: Solved - MKV files & data unsupported / corrupted messag

Postby Hachi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:36 pm

Daker than black ep01 is playing fine subs and audio all ok.

Failing that here are my PMS.conf settings

Code: Select all
thumbnails = true
alternativeffmpegpath = C:\\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\\PS3 MEDIA SERVER\\win32\\dvrms\\ffmpeg_MPGMUX.exe
mencoder_ass = true
embed_dts_in_pcm = true
mencoder_mux_compatible = true
subs_color = -16777216
mencoder_ass_margin = 25
mencoder_ass_outline = 4
mencoder_ass_defaultstyle = true
mencoder_noass_scale = 2.75
mencoder_noass_outline = 5
mencoder_noass_blur = 2
maxvideobuffer = 400
mencoder_encode = keyint=1:vqscale=1:vqmin=2
mencoder_nooutofsync = false
mencoder_mt = true
audiobitrate = 640
mencoder_usepcm = false
minimized = true
engines = mencoder,avsmencoder,tsmuxer,mplayeraudio,ffmpegaudio,tsmuxeraudio,vlcvideo,mencoderwebvideo,mplayervideodump,mplayerwebaudio,vlcaudio,ffmpegdvrmsremux,rawthumbs
mencoder_audiolangs = eng,jpn,und
mencoder_sublangs = eng
mencoder_audiosublangs = eng,off;jpn,eng;kor,eng
maximumbitrate = 0
mencoder_fontconfig = true

Hachi
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Help and Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests