noob question...

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: noob question...

Postby meskibob » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:44 pm

The debug log shouldn't show anything regarding that as those are defined settings/outputs of the different passthrough transcoding programs.

As for the file you're trying to stream, since it's H264 (x264 is just an H264 encoder) with DTS, the new PMS 1.10 release (due out soon) should be able to handle this with just a remux and no need for the CoreAVC-CUDA GPU help. The link to the Win 1.10RC installer can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=675&start=120#p4193.

My understanding is that Avisynth/FFMpeg is really only used for enhanced subtitle support. If the other engines are working fine and there are no subtitles with this file, is there another reason why you want to use Avisynth/FFMpeg?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: noob question...

Postby divinestyler » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:26 pm

meskibob wrote:The debug log shouldn't show anything regarding that as those are defined settings/outputs of the different passthrough transcoding programs.

As for the file you're trying to stream, since it's H264 (x264 is just an H264 encoder) with DTS, the new PMS 1.10 release (due out soon) should be able to handle this with just a remux and no need for the CoreAVC-CUDA GPU help. The link to the Win 1.10RC installer can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=675&start=120#p4193.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

meskibob wrote:My understanding is that Avisynth/FFMpeg is really only used for enhanced subtitle support. If the other engines are working fine and there are no subtitles with this file, is there another reason why you want to use Avisynth/FFMpeg?

Not really. I'm just new to all of this (obviously), and wanted to try different things out. My CPU/receiver handles 1080p pretty good, w/ both MEncoder and TsMuxer. 99% of the files I'm playing are 720p anyways (HDD space). I just read a lot of good things about CoreAVC-CUDA and wanted to play around with the 8800GT GPU hardware acceleration. I'm just comparing processor loads with different files/transcoders etc.

Again, thanks for all your help. Much appreciated!
divinestyler

Previous

Return to General Help and Support