AVS help

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

AVS help

Postby vwalien » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:26 pm

My first post (for help), I've been loving ps3media server for some time and never had a video problem I couldn't overcome. I've encountered some files with a really strange FPS, avisynth/mencoder can play them, but the video is too fast.

I've found that I can successfully transcode & convert the FPS to 24fps using the following AVS command:
clip=DirectShowSource("C:\BD1\Downloads\Video\abc [avsmencoder]\abc15.wmv", fps=24, convertfps=true)

When I set the parameteres in the "transcoder settings" under the "avisynth/mencoder" section, and play file through the ps3media server, it works great, and I see the AVS file is created in my temp folder, exactly as I wanted.

But do I have to go into ps3mediaserver, under transcoder settings and manually set the AVS config for every single file I want to play?

I tried making an individual AVS file for each video, and putting them in the folder, but I can't see them or play them through the XMB interface.

Can I not pre-create the 25+ avs files for each video file, and just play those through the ps3media server?

let me know if my question is not clear, of if more info is needed. I searched for the info before posting, but I'm stumped.
vwalien

Re: AVS help

Postby vwalien » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:47 pm

Well I kind of figured it out...

I didn't realize that the <movie> <sub> and <moviefilename> were variables that I could plug into the script.

So now I am using this in the "transcode settings" under the "avisynth/mencoder" settings:
clip=DirectShowSource("<moviefilename>", fps=24, convertfps=true)

So now I can just watch all the 25+ files, and when done, comment out the line.. and save it for future use. So it takes a little bit of priming the system before I sit down and watch, but it gets the job done.

Edit: Does anyone know if there are any other ways to setup custom AVS scripts but only targeted for certain files? Right now, the method I am using is a catch-all and affects all videos that are transcoded.
I also tried renaming an AVS script to .AVI but it didn't work.
vwalien

Re: AVS help

Postby flexoffset » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:07 pm

I've just become familiar with AVISynth in PS3 Media Server and the scripting abilities it offers.
I would be interested to know if the scripts can be targeted to individual files as well.

An example would be playing back different shows that contain commercial breaks. Instead of editing out the breaks and re-encoding,
I could simply use
Code: Select all
Trim(begin frame, end frame)++Trim(begin frame, end frame)++Trim(begin frame, end frame)
to skip commercial breaks.

I am not sure how to invoke these scripts into PS3MS, though.
Is there anyone who can provide a small example script with all the requirements? I know the instructions say "be sure to include a RETURN clip" but I don't know what that means.
Any help would be appreciated. Where do I put the scripts?
flexoffset

Return to General Help and Support