New FFDShow released

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

New FFDShow released

Postby bebobman » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:59 am

I just noticed that a new version of FFDShow was released. My question is if I download and install it will it mess up my PMS? Or will it just overwrite the existing one in PMS and continue working? When Shagrath drops new updates on us does it have the latest version of all of the componets that make up PMS? I really like this program and I don't want to risk bricking it by updating certain componets on my own if it will make the program unusable.

AMD 64+ Athlon 3500. 2Gigs ram.
bebobman

Re: New FFDShow released

Postby shagrath » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:51 am

ffdshow is used only with the AviSynth/Mencoder transcoding engine... if you do not use this engine, you can do what you want without risk anything :p
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby bebobman » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:49 pm

I do use the AviSynth/Mencoder transcoding engine but that depends on the video I am watching. It seems that some videos, at least for me, work better with some engines and some with others. So, should I not mess with installing the new revision of FFDshow and just wait until you do it in one of your next revisions?
Thank you so much for this program. It has come a long way in a short time - can't wait to see what it will be like in a couple more months. Keep up the great work!
bebobman

Postby ExSport » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:26 pm

FFDSHOW was never included in PMS so Shagrath will not update it because PMS don't use it. Avisynth use it only as directshow filter...
ExSport

Return to General Help and Support