PS3 Remote and streaming video

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 Remote and streaming video

Postby felkor » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm thinking of picking up the bluetooth PS3 remote to make navigating around video a little easier. Looking around online, I only really see reference to it and blu-ray/dvd playback. Does it work well for streaming media such as video and audio too?
felkor

Re: PS3 Remote and streaming video

Postby meskibob » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:12 pm

It should... I don't see why it wouldn't. The playback options on the PS3 seem pretty universal between the various media. But don't quote me :)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby felkor » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Thanks meskibob.

I -finally- found a review that confirms it works just fine for downloaded content:
http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment ... th-remote/

Most reviewers didn't even try it for anything but blu-ray discs.
felkor

Postby papajohn » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:29 pm

I bought one on Amazon and well impressed with the device and the price. Under £17 delivered.... search for "Sony Blu-Ray Disc Remote Control "

It does all you could ask, and much more. Clearly labelled and works anywhere, including your jacket pocket as I found out!
papajohn

Postby Irvysan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:09 am

I also have one, the only time i now use a PS3 controller is when im playing a game.............
Irvysan

Postby felkor » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Thanks guys. I picked one up yesterday and it works great! Much better than using the controller, and it saves on use of the non-replaceable batteries of the controller too, which I like.
felkor

Return to General Help and Support