avc

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

avc

Postby panard » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:02 pm

Hello.
I'm new to ripping and streaming BD so please bare with me. I ripped the disk that came with the PS3 to the HD using AnyDVD HD and it streams perfect. The files came out as .m2ts and when viewed from pms on the tv screen the files also have a tag that say AVC. When I ripped my Dark Knight BD it too has the .m2ts files but when viewed with PMS the files have mpeg1 tag and when I try to play them it reports corrupted data. Any ideas of where I'm going wrong.
Thanks, Jay
panard

Re: avc

Postby shagrath » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:08 pm

the m2ts support is currently one of the weak spot of the application... I'm working on it and hope to get some results
btw, what OS are you using ?
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby panard » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:20 am

Hello.
Thanks for responding. My OS is Vista SP1. It's strange that one BD works perfectly while the second does not. I was just wondering if it is the way AnyDVD rips the protected disks, Batman, of course, has protection while the Demo Disk that comes with PS3 probably does not. Well, hopefully my next try with a different disk will work.
Thanks, Jay
panard

Postby panard » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:33 pm

I ripped another BD and it streams the picture perfectly but the only sound is the directors comments, anybody know any reason for this?
Thanks, Jay
panard

Postby Stryker412 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:55 am

Panard did you ever get Dark Knight to work? I'm getting the same corrupted error as you.
Stryker412

Postby B4tm4n » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:03 pm

You'll probably find that the Blu-rays tht play fine are AVC or Mpeg2 and the ones that don't are VC1.

I pretty sure Dark Knight is a VC1 encoded disc.
B4tm4n

Postby northernscum » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:16 pm

hi there i can play dark knight np.using the transcode folder then selecting avisynth/mencoder.it too was a rip by anydvd,version 1.09.1 of the media server.the buffer is full up after about 5mins of play but no stuttering .if i try playing it just with mencoder i get stuttering and the buffer just keeps dropping.
northernscum

Postby Stryker412 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:56 pm

northernscum wrote:hi there i can play dark knight np.using the transcode folder then selecting avisynth/mencoder.it too was a rip by anydvd,version 1.09.1 of the media server.the buffer is full up after about 5mins of play but no stuttering .if i try playing it just with mencoder i get stuttering and the buffer just keeps dropping.

I can confirm this, I tried it last night although the audio got out of sync.
Stryker412

Postby northernscum » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:05 pm

i have only watched it for about 30 mins, ok to that point anyway so dont know about the audio prob.one thing i have noticed is that to watch it without problems i have to restart my pc and ps3 if they have been on and it works ok but sometimes if i have been watching another film and then switch to another sometimes i get the lag so i restart and that seams to work.
northernscum

Postby Bibbit » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:27 pm

Could somebody please explain exactly what I need to do once I have this app installed (which I do) so I can watch the ripped BD's I have. I use AnyDVD for the ripping. I've installed AviSynth, VLC, and the latest tsMuxeR (1.8.35, I think it's a beta). I can play back my BD rip on my PC (VLC media player does it), and I can go to the Stream folder on my PS3, but the PS3 shows the Stream folder as empty.

Thanks.

As a bonus, does anybody know if PS3 Media Server will play TiVo recordings?

Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1
Also tried on WHS PP2

EDITED as I figured out the answer to another question I had posted.
Bibbit

Return to General Help and Support