How to add Coreavc

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

How to add Coreavc

Postby passthebiscuits » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:26 am

I have a wired dual core system I tried watching a x264 18gb version of eagle eye, and the buffer is used every couple of minutes causing stuttering. I have downloaded coreavc and it has fixed the fault when watching on my pc thru CCCP ( i can see coreave icon in start bar). But when streaming to ps3 I cant seem to add the coreavc codec(icon doesnt appear in start bar when transcoding).

Can anybody explain the procedure for adding Coreavc to PS3 media server in quite basic english please :)
passthebiscuits

Re: How to add Coreavc

Postby JR Cash » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:12 pm

you don't need coreavc anymore as the new Mencoder is multithreading.
anyway:
-select AviSynth/ffmpeg instead of mencoder in Ps3 media server
-download and install ffdshow-
-disable libavcodec in ffdshow video-h264/avc
JR Cash

Postby passthebiscuits » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:00 pm

Did all that and I get corrupt data when I try to use avisynth on the ps3, can you tell me how you use coreavc?

in avisynth/ffmpeg on the trascoder settings page it has a "no entry" type sign (red circle with a slash) the other 3 video settings have the green triangle, it also says in the engine only line -g 1 -qscale 1 -qmin 2
passthebiscuits

Postby JR Cash » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:58 pm

passthebiscuits wrote:in avisynth/ffmpeg on the trascoder settings page it has a "no entry" type sign (red circle with a slash)

So, turn it on and push it on top. Do You have the push-button at the bottom, do you?
cheers
JR Cash

Return to General Help and Support