[SUBTITLES] Too much speed

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

[SUBTITLES] Too much speed

Postby phrozenimpact » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:42 am

Hey guys,

I've been loving this program, but I am having one big problem. Whenever I play softsubs, the subs speed way past the audio & video. Though, while this happens, the A&V stay in sync, but the subs are popping up a new line every second.

The file in question here is in an MKV container encoded with h264 & Vorbis with embedded ASS subs. I've tried all the possible engines; I get data corrupted in both AVISYNTH ones, no audio or subs in TSMuxer - the only one that works is MEncoder, which experiences the subtitle problem. Also, I've tried WITH and WITHOUT the experimental build.

CPU Specs

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0 GHz
nVidia Geforce 8800 GT
3GB DDR2 RAM

---------------------------------------------
Streaming WiFi, about 10-20 feet away from the router - also, using the Medium Quality for HD WiFi Transcoding preset.

Debug file is here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qjw1zg

Thank you again for this wonderful program, and I hope you can help me! :D
phrozenimpact

Re: [SUBTITLES] Too much speed

Postby shagrath » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:40 pm

hard to say... there's nothing suspicious in the log... you should enable the "A/V sync alternative method" option btw, it's recommended

otherwise you can try with avisynth/mencoder... it's not that hard to make it work (just install AviSynth 2.5.7 and a proper codec pack)
shagrath
Project Lead

Re: [SUBTITLES] Too much speed

Postby phrozenimpact » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:28 am

shagrath wrote:hard to say... there's nothing suspicious in the log... you should enable the "A/V sync alternative method" option btw, it's recommended

otherwise you can try with avisynth/mencoder... it's not that hard to make it work (just install AviSynth 2.5.7 and a proper codec pack)

Ah, thank you! Actually, I had another problem I was unaware of - the subtitles were also partly cropped on my TV.

So, two things actually fixed both problems:

1) the A/V Alternative method fixed the subtitle timing problem
2) Checking the 'Use ASS default style' box fixed the font and crop issue.

Love this program so much! Thanks again! :D

EDIT : By the way, even after installing AviSynth, I still get data corrupted. I might try a reinstall of CCCP.
phrozenimpact

Return to General Help and Support