Time Delay + No video shown on PS3.

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Time Delay + No video shown on PS3.

Postby SwedChef » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Specs: Core 2 DUO 6300 @ 1.86 Ghz, 1 GB ram.
Network: WiFi over dedicated WRT54G running DD-WRT, placed between computer and PS3.

Hi!

Just installed PMS, previously used TVersity. Have a few problems, the first i had with TVersity aswell.

1) When i hear music (MP3-files), i have a 10-30 second lag from i press play or next, until the wanted song actually starts playing. I have tried deactivating firewall, antivirus etc. on the server, but with no greater luck. It could easily be the same with videos, but as i don't "jump around" in them, i haven't really noticed. Navigating the folders is not slow though - a folder will load in a few seconds TOPS!

2) When i try to play a video, the folder containing the video will not "open". I can select it, but if i hit the x-button, nothing happens. For example, if i have a video-file in c:\Doc..\downloads\videos\funstuff - then i can easily navigate to the videos subfolder - and then i can select the folder 'funstuff', but if i press x, nothing happens. The obvious question here is 'Did you select video in xmb', and yes - i did. Music does not give me this problem, and probably photos neither, but i haven't checked.

Do any of you have a solution to one of these - or both - problems, then i would appreciate some help. I haven't tested all options yet, but as i have no clue where the problem is, i feel like i'm just stabbing in the dark, and that seems like a waste of time if someone has knowledge of the problem. My next stab will probably be trying to setup port settings on the router.
SwedChef

Re: Time Delay + No video shown on PS3.

Postby meskibob » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:08 pm

2) Have you hit the folder-depth limit? Try directly sharing the "videos" folder.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Time Delay + No video shown on PS3.

Postby SwedChef » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:39 pm

meskibob wrote:2) Have you hit the folder-depth limit? Try directly sharing the "videos" folder.

I didn't know there was such a thing - but i had the thought after i posted, so i tried sharing the folders directly, and voila, the problem was fixed, so that was the problem yes. Thank you for your post!

Now.. for that peske number one..
SwedChef

Return to General Help and Support