Cinavia Problem [NO AUDIO]

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Cinavia Problem [NO AUDIO]

Postby Diego Joker » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:04 pm

well i back from my vacations, and i didn´t test the lufkin solution, but if u know what other movies have the problem post it

PD: I downloaded Kick Ass 720p x264 CHD i didn´t test it, hope to no have the problem
Diego Joker

Postby Diego Joker » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:07 pm

well i think this problem only have a few of movies (The Looser, Repo Men), yesterday i saw Karate Kid 720p 2010 and Green Zone 720p, and no problem at all :mrgreen:
Diego Joker

Postby Coltaine79 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:10 pm

I think only "real" BR's, i.e. North American BR's, have this protection.

All of the Karate Kid versions I've seen on the web are from some non-legit disc or something. Maybe Chinese?
Thus, I don't think the audio stream on that disc is watermarked by Cinavia.
Coltaine79

Postby fastjohn » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:12 pm

there's no workround for this. :(
the karate kid seems to be affect for me :/ PM me if you want to know what source i used.
fastjohn

Postby yakos » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 pm

LISTEN UP, GUYS!
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WATCHING BDRIP FILMS ON MY PS3. THAT ANNOYING WINDOW POPS OUT SAYING THAT THE AUDIO OUTPUTS HAVE BEEN TEMPORALY MUTED AND BLAH BLAH BLAH.
I CAME UP WITH THE SOLUTION WE SO DESPERATELY WERE LOOKING FOR. CHECK OUT THIS LINK; http://rocom.tumblr.com/post/2495162905, ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS THERE!
IT'S EASY AS CRAP AND REALLY WORKS!! BELIEVE ME!!

HOWEVER, IN CASE THAT LINK DOESNT WORK I'LL EXPLAIN IT MYSELF.
1. Go to your sound settings
2. Select audio output settings
3. Switch from HDMI to optical digital (even if you use HDMI)
4. Select every setting there is, then SAVE IT.
5. Once its saved, it will take you back to sound settings, select audio multi-output and turn it ON.
GOOD LUCK!!!
yakos

Postby devildog93 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:50 pm

This link you provided states this doesn't work with DTS audio. :(

Just a heads up to those thinking of trying this. Trying this suggestion first to verify, then working on a DTS supplemental fix to add to this.

EDIT: I can confirm this worked with my copy of The Karate Kid that came up with the Cinavia message prior. :) My copy did have AC3 for an audio stream. But it did work. Good post. 8-)
Last edited by devildog93 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devildog93

Postby devildog93 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:09 pm

For CINAVIA DRM "infected" MKV files with a DTS audio stream this is a supplemental fix to add to yakos' post if PMS doing the AC3 re-encode doesn't work. (which seems to be the case)

1) Follow the guide 2 posts up (VERY SIMPLE, and thank you for the post/link Yakos)
2) Download and install MKV2VOB http://www.mkv2vob.com/showthread.php?tid=1
3) Go to Configuration Tab
4) Select Video Transcoding "Never" (ignore the warning)
5) Select/tick "Always transcode DTS"
6) Run the file thru MKV2VOB

This will simply remux the MKV with a re-encoded audio stream (from DTS to AC3) into a PS3 native MPG w/AC3 (no transcode required to stream with PMS 8-) ). The DTS-->AC3 re-encode takes about 5-10 minutes MAX with a full length movie, then MKV2VOB will remux the new AC3 audio with the untouched video stream (another 5 or so minutes). This will leave you with an AC3 track instead of DTS, but it will still be at 640kbps or 448kbps if you so choose, and will now work. Better than the file not working because it's infected.

Of course for you MKV2VOB users out there, you would need to change back any settings to use it for it's usual purpose.

EDIT: I can confirm that this does in fact work for my copy of The Losers w/DTS audio :D

With M2TS files that have DTS, I would simply add another step between step 1 and 2. Use MKVMERGE (version 3.4.0 or older)to remux the M2TS to an MKV (this allows compatibility to MKV2VOB) Then add that file to MKV2VOB and continue on with steps I provided.

SO with M2TS file format w/DTS that are Cinavia DRM protected..

1) Again, follow suggestion 2 posts up by Yakos
2) Download and install MKVToolnix 3.4.0 or older http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/
3) Add the "infected M2TS" file to MKVmerge and remux to an MKV file (about 5-10 minutes max)
4) Add the MKV to already installed MKV2VOB and follow the MKV2VOB suggestions I laid out.

These steps may be "too much" for some people. If you fall into this category, I suggest then, as I always have, to find sources that DO NOT have CINAVIA DRM if this is too much, but doing so will require time to search for and download a new Cinavia DRM free file (these "infection" free files are available online from many release groups). My steps take around or less than half an hour to get playable, Cinavia DRM free files, and save users from having to find their own DTS fix.

MP4's should never have DTS for an audio stream, as well I have never seen AVI with DTS as of yet so my suggestions, combined with the link Yakos provided SHOULD eliminate MOST Cinavia DRM issues out there.

Of course FOOBAR 2000 has a DTS decoder that works quite well, but I have not devised an easy to follow system for this route just yet.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL.
devildog93

Postby ps3home » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Thank you. I'll try it this.
ps3home

Postby jojopyro » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Works for me... firmware 3.60 stock on main system, and also firmware 3.60 - BDB mod on another system
jojopyro

Postby jojopyro » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:09 pm

Sorry... Seems I spoke too soon. It just delayed the DRM message until much later in the movie.
jojopyro

PreviousNext

Return to General Help and Support