Just installed PS3 Media Server... couple of questions

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Just installed PS3 Media Server... couple of questions

Postby wyzard » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:25 am

Good evening.

I just installed PS3 Media Server and so far I'm very impressed. I do have a couple of questions:

1. If I put a .jpg in the folder for each of my movies, do I need to have the box checked off for use thumbnails?

2. I notice that on my PS3 in the Video section, the first thing showing is #TRANSCODE#, then the list of my videos starts. Anyway to get rid of the #TRANSCODE#?

3. This ones for the music..... I have my music set up as follows: Music/Artist/Album/Songs.... The cover art for the music shows up for each individual song. Any way to get it to show up at the Album level?

4. This probably can't be done, but it would be nice if you could only show the video folder when selecting the video server under the video section of XMB or the music folder under the Music section, etc.

Thanks.
wyzard

Re: Just installed PS3 Media Server... couple of questions

Postby meskibob » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:01 am

All of these have been answered before, and a couple are pretty easily tested... Next time use the forum search function and/or play around a little bit with the software. ;)

1 - No
2 - Disable all of the transcoders in the PMS settings
3 - No
4 - Not possible (DLNA limitation)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Stryker412 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:23 pm

I have a question too. I just started last night ripping my BD discs. Is there proper subtitle support in an m2ts file? I'd like to try ripping Black Hawk Down.
Stryker412

Postby shagrath » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:48 pm

unfortunately there's no subtitles support without transcoding, so you must have a fast CPU (core 2 duo is a minimum) in order to transcode a bluray video track
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Stryker412 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:04 pm

shagrath wrote:unfortunately there's no subtitles support without transcoding, so you must have a fast CPU (core 2 duo is a minimum) in order to transcode a bluray video track

Thanks for the info. What is the quickest/easiest way to determine if a movie has forced subs (brief foreign languages)? There's always movies I forget that have a foreign/alien language.
Stryker412

Return to General Help and Support