PS3 sees media server but not any files

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 sees media server but not any files

Postby antvq » Sat May 08, 2010 6:26 pm

I recently purchased a PS3 and am trying to set it up to work with PS3 Media Server.

My problem is that I can see the Media Server on the PS3, but when I click on it I get a notice of "No Files Found" and a DLNA 7351 error.

I put 2 Video files in a folder called Movies, but it just can't seem to find them and I have not been able to dig up any info on what exactly DLNA 7351 error is.

Running.....

Vista Home Premium
Intel Core2 Quad Core at 2.4 Ghz
4Gb Ram
PS3 Media Server v1.10.51

Tried the connection both wired and wireless with the same result. No files found and DLNA 7351 error.

I can't figure out why I can see the media server on the PS3 but not read the files. Is there somewhere specific the files need to be placed? Any network setting I might be missing?

Edit to add debug.log file
Attachments
debug.zip
(6.46 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
antvq

Re: PS3 sees media server but not any files

Postby devildog93 » Sat May 08, 2010 7:06 pm

first off, I suggest going to the latest BETA

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3217

It is highly stable I find, and has some neat additions. Might not solve the problem, but recommended anyway.

Sometimes, I have noticed, restarting PMS via the XMB of your PS3 can cause problems. Anytime I make a change to PMS, ANY CHANGE, I make sure to back out of the folders on-screen, all the way out.
Then I "quit" PMS via the taskbar on my PC. Give it about 3 - 5 seconds (sometimes JAVAW.EXE can hang on for a few).
Re-start PMS via desktop icon.

THIS, SPECIFICALLY, HAS CAUSED "NO FILE" ERRORS ON MY SETUP.

I have found that if you DO NOT BACK OUT OF THE FOLDERS (see pics below) on your PS3 XMB, and restart the sever, you can get errors. Especially if you are "not backed out" and you restart your PC, then this creates problems. You have to then kill all JAVAW.EXE processes in task manager, and re-start.

This might not solve your problem, but it is something that has created problems for me.
Working your way from the wall to your devices can help too. I mean, restart router, let it boot up FULLY. THEN, boot up your devices, ONE BY ONE, letting each FULLY BOOT and establish connections, BEFORE trying the next device. This can sometimes help.

Another trick is to make sure that there is only one instance of JAVAW.EXE running in PROCESSES. Sometimes, 2 end up running. If this is the case, kill both processes and re-start PMS. ALso make sure there is only one "green arrow" in your taskbar. Having 2 can create "visibility" problems. (Goes hand in hand with two javaw.exe processes being open)

THE LATEST BETA REDUCES THE AMOUNT OF ERROR PROBLEMS BUT RESTARTING BEFORE BACKING OUT STILL CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS FOR ME.

TOP: BACKED OUT
BOTTOM: NOT BACKED OUT
Attachments
DSCF1117.JPG
DSCF1117.JPG (66.54 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
DSCF1116.JPG
DSCF1116.JPG (62.95 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
devildog93

Postby antvq » Sun May 09, 2010 6:18 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I updated to the newest beta, tried the disable/enable switch on the PS3 but still nothing. I have gotten the "no files' error since I first installed PS3 Media server so there are no folders to back out of. All I ever see is the Icon for the Media server but when I click on it, that's when I get the no files message.

Any other suggestions?
antvq

Postby devildog93 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:18 am

antvq wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I updated to the newest beta, tried the disable/enable switch on the PS3 but still nothing. I have gotten the "no files' error since I first installed PS3 Media server so there are no folders to back out of. All I ever see is the Icon for the Media server but when I click on it, that's when I get the no files message.

Any other suggestions?

Ahh. Reading your initial post I see what you are saying, I was under impression you had it working.

Sorry bud.

Are you sure that while you are trying to access music files, you are under the music category on your PS3 XMB?

By this, I mean, videos files will not show up under MUSIC, and music won't show up under VIDEO.

This is a very common mistake.

I also found this link, but might not pertain to you. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2273
devildog93

Postby antvq » Mon May 10, 2010 3:00 am

Ahh. Reading your initial post I see what you are saying, I was under impression you had it working.

Sorry bud.

Are you sure that while you are trying to access music files, you are under the music category on your PS3 XMB?

By this, I mean, videos files will not show up under MUSIC, and music won't show up under VIDEO.

This is a very common mistake.

I also found this link, but might not pertain to you. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2273[/quote]

I have one folder with 1 .mp3 file, 1 .vob file, and 1 .jpg file in it. I got to pictures on the PS3 XMB and get the No files error. Same with music and video. Do then need to be in specially named folders on my pc?
antvq

Postby devildog93 » Mon May 10, 2010 4:07 am

Do then need to be in specially named folders on my pc?

No.

I'm doin a little research right now, as I am having issues as well. :(
devildog93

Return to General Help and Support