mencoder.exe crash using AviSynth/Mencoder

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

mencoder.exe crash using AviSynth/Mencoder

Postby td854 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:16 am

PC:
Core 2 Quad Q9550, stock settings
4GB DDR2-800, stock settings
nVidia Geforce GTX 9800 GTX
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
(this PC is 2 months old)
PS3MS ver 1.20.400 & 1.20.397 & 1.10.5 (tried all 3)

Network:
PC <-> wired 24-port 10/100 unmanaged switch <-> PS3

Not going to bother posting Mediainfo cause it does it with every single file and I have 100s from all kinds of formats. The primary format I use is h264 1080p mkv with ASS subtitles, almost all of them use high profile.

Log:
[win32/mencoder.exe] TRACE 03:05:42.842 Process C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server\win32\mencoder.exe has a return code of -1073740940! Maybe an error occured... check the log file

Ok so here's the story; started off with the latest stable release, 1.10.5 using just mencoder and everything was fine. Eventually I started downloading more HD mkv and some just wouldn't sync the A/V right regardless of what settings I used and it also will not link split mkv files, so I started using AviSynth/Mencoder using the guide here:

http://otmanix.de/english/2009/06/01/ja ... nt-page-1/

After I got all that set up using K-Lite mega, and Core AVC it worked wonderfully, though some files pushed the PC near the max before I installed CoreAVC. I watched a series of episodes of one of my shows for a week then stopped using PS3MS for a while, installed photoshop on said PC during that time, other than that I haven't really done anything with it and now for no apparent reason, mencoder starts crashing with every file when using AviSynth/Mencoder, same thing happens with AviSynth/FFMPEG. So I went and uninstalled everything, restarted, reinstalled, restarted, same problem. If you watch the PC as it loads a file you can clearly see Haali and VSFilter loading and then immediately after, "mencoder has stopped working." So yeah, I don't understand... any help is appreciated.
td854

Re: mencoder.exe crash using AviSynth/Mencoder

Postby td854 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:22 am

Uninstalling K-Lite, restarting, and installing CCCP seemed to fix it, guess K-Lite was causing a problem, everything's great now and only 25% average cpu load over all cores.
td854

Re: mencoder.exe crash using AviSynth/Mencoder

Postby datdamnmachine » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:05 am

Decided that I would add to this since I experienced this recently. I'm using AVISynth primarily for my anime mkv files. After upgrading my Win7 Ultimate machine to a Quad-Core from a Daul-Core, I noticed I was having problems using it with some MKV files. I would receive the following error:

[win32/mencoder.exe] TRACE 00:44:38.728 Process C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server\win32\mencoder.exe has a return code of -1073740940! Maybe an error occured... check the log file

After doing this work, I also updated to the latest K-Lite Mega and 64-bit codecs. I ended up having to uninstall and re-install. I decided to check the Win7 Direct Show Filter Tweaker 4.1 tool. Found that my 32-bit AAC was still set for Microsoft. I changed it to ffdshow. Everything is fine now on the videos I was having problems with.
datdamnmachine

Return to General Help and Support