help playing lost

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

help playing lost

Postby kobra » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:07 am

The programme plays perfect for me. however i have one small problem, when i was watching lost, it would play perfectly through out the entire episode except in parts when they are out in the forest and u can see the trees and hills behind them. in these scenes it stutters and i have to keep on pausing and playing so it would play it smoothly. I havent changed any of the settings, can someone plz help?
kobra

Re: help playing lost

Postby meskibob » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:29 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby kobra » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:18 pm

i have a 2.33 ghz core 2 duo wz 2gb ram and using win xp sp3.
My computer is using a wired connection while my ps3 is connected using wireless.
i have one small problem, when i was watching lost, it would play perfectly through out the entire episode except in parts when they are out in the forest and u can see the trees and hills behind them. in these scenes it stutters and i have to keep on pausing and playing so it would play it smoothly. I havent changed any of the settings
i think i m using mencoder, the .srt file is in the same file as the .avi
kobra

Postby meskibob » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:01 pm

kobra wrote:...ps3 is connected using wireless

Just an FYI, the PS3's WiFi NIC is crap. If at all possible get it wired to your router.
If you haven't changed any of the settings from the defaults, then you'll need to set the max bandwidth (start with 15 if anything is wireless) and probably reduce the video quality as well. Both settings are located under the Transcoding Settings (tab) -> Common Transcode Settings (left menu).
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support