Here is my current setup:
- Dell Inspiron 530s
- 3gb Ram
- Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4700 @ 2.6Ghz
- Windows Vista Home Premium - Service Pack 1
- PS3 80gb running latest updates
- Computer is upstairs and is wireless (54mbps max)
- PS3 is wired by ethernet to router (100mbps max)
- Broadband with ~ 3 Meg Line
- BT Voyager Router
I have tried and tried to get my PS3 to play video files from my pc and I just can't get it to work. I initially tried TVersity but have had no luck whatsoever as I keep getting errors such as Content (80028802) Cannot be played. This happens after the video file has been playing anywhere from 2mins to about 20mins. It happens on avi files, vob files or mkv files so doesn't seem to be a pattern there.
I have now installed PS3 Media Server but unfortunately I am getting the same errors and desperately need help!!
After the error the PS3 disconnects from the media server and I then have to wait a few minutes before it will let me play the video file again.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance,