Streaming MKV (H.264+DTA) to PS3

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Streaming MKV (H.264+DTA) to PS3

Postby meskibob » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:04 pm

The detailed info page that is directly accessible while in the XMB isn't correct either. Rankafan is talking about the video details (can be found by hitting "Select" or going through the triangle menu) when you're actually watching a video.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby buju » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:03 am

You were right.. When playing the video the info DOES show AVC. And the bitrate hovers around 5 Mbps, while with MEncoder I have mpeg2 and around 15 Mbps.. Sorry for believing the XMB menu and info...
Now, is there any way to get AVC+AC3+ my subtitles? With tmuxer I get to keep the video untouched (great), transcode the sound, but I am losing the subtitles.
With mencoder and mpeg2 I keep the subtitles.

Any trick that I can use?
Once I get this solved I can move on to solve the streaming of Internet TV issues.. I'll open another thread on that..

Thanks folks.
Windows XP SP3, Intel Core 2 T5600 1.83 GHz, 1GB
LAN: 1 Gbps + 11N (oodles of throughput), WAN: 5.14/.580 Mbps <consistent
PMS 1.10, VLC web streaming
Video file engines: 1) TSMuxer, 2) MEncoder
Audio file engines: 1) MPlayer Audio, 2) FFmpeg Audio
buju

Postby meskibob » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:06 am

Tsmuxer cannot be used if you want to keep the subtitles (PS3 limitation). I don't think there's any real trick.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Previous

Return to General Help and Support