Transcoding Options for PFL9603

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Transcoding Options for PFL9603

Postby Riel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 am

Hello people,

first of all, great app! For my usage the best available right now, though again with some small problems which I hope you guys could help me with.

I do NOT have a PS3, and, I know this program is not designed for other equipment, but I still continue. I have a uPnP enables LCD tv which can recieve streaming media.

I have tried programs like fuppes/twonky/mediatomb/tversity, but all not very compatible, biggest problem was filetype (tv not showing a 'playable' movieicon next to files).

This program just delivers all movies to TV and he really WANTS to play them! And, in fact, it does with some (and very nice). But, the transcoding is not meant for tv.

Is there a way I can transcode to another format? I KNOW that the .vob files of DVD, sent directly to TV, play great! (without transcoding). In the log, other files are getting transcoded with Mencoder to asf / wmv3 / 0x062

I know that the .vob files are container mpeg / mpeg2video / 0x000 -> this plays great on my tv.

Can I set transcoding settings or are they hardcoded for PS3 in the program?

I am running in Linux.
Riel

Return to General Help and Support