Fast forward and "Go to" with subtitles

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Fast forward and "Go to" with subtitles

Postby lilleper » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:11 pm

Hello

I find PS3MS to be a fantastic app superior to tversity. Only have one issue:

When streaming a video file with subtitles (srt), fast forward and "go to" functions no longer works. Picture just freezes and nothing happens. Its now only possible to use circle to stop the movie. Fast forward and go to works fine when no subtitles are present. I guess this is because it goes into transcoding mode with subtitles and this can't handle the seeking for some reason?

I can understand if fast forward is too taxing in transcoding mode but "Go to" should be possible?
lilleper

Re: Fast forward and "Go to" with subtitles

Postby lilleper » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:20 pm

q9450,4GBram,wifi
lilleper

Postby shagrath » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:36 pm

it happens with every kind of video ? (avi, mkv , etc.)
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby lilleper » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:21 pm

I dont have any mkv only avi files.

It is using the Mencoder (thats what it says after the filename).

I can see that when i try to use goto the transcoding bitrate is still transfering at max capacity (cap'd it at 13000 kb/s) while the image is freezed, so maybe its trying to seek. Should be a jump.

I tried moving tsMuxer above the mencoder in priority, but then no subtitles showed up even though they were found.
lilleper

Postby Subject2Change » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:43 pm

You are not streaming, as transcoding is required to playback the AVI with the srt enabled. Wifi is typically a hinderance and you may want to see if you can leave the program paused for a while then fast forward to let the buffer build up on it. Don't use the go to option often if ever, so can't really be helpful there. Typically though hard wired, i can transcode AVI with SRT and fast forward at 30x just fine. If you can test hard wiring give that a shot as wifi is often a limitation.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Return to General Help and Support