PMS singling out FLAC: Corrupted

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PMS singling out FLAC: Corrupted

Postby Cryptic Sin » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:52 pm

Every single one of my FLAC files show up as corrupted data on my PS3 while Mp3 and Wav seem to play fine. I did a search, but no luck finding a solution.

Before this latest issue, FLAC would play beautifully. I thought I cleared up all of my network issues by setting my router's DMZ with the PS3's MAC address. Everything FINALLY worked great with my network until I got a DNS error a day later; effectively shutting off my internet access to my modem from the router... After getting that fixed, every single FLAC file now shows as corrupted on PS3 AND the network problems came back. (I use a LINKSYS-N Broadband: WRT160N V2 w/ hard-wired connection.)

Before someone tells me the issue is not PMS, I want to say that I've been trying to get PMS to work properly for almost 3 weeks now. I've come up with temporary solutions over and over again not before a completely new issue arises. I am really starting to think this program isn't worth the stress, time and effort... it's ridiculous.

If anyone has any advice or knowledge on this that I obviously lack, please, enlighten me. Thank you.
Cryptic Sin

Re: PMS singling out FLAC: Corrupted

Postby PeterMac » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:01 pm

I have same issue on latest 369 build, ape files too
PeterMac

Postby Cryptic Sin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:47 am

I have a new router coming in on warranty because my old one just got busted. Hopefully, the problem won't still exist when it comes back. I'm being told that it probably isn't the PS3 itself, but I don't know...
Cryptic Sin

Postby Cryptic Sin » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:57 pm

New router just came in and I hooked everything up... these damn FLAC files are still showing up as corrupted data.

HELP! Please!!
Cryptic Sin

Postby Morty-L » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Try disabling ffmpeg in the transcoding options, and move MPlayer to the top of the list.
Morty-L

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Please don't necropost. Thread locked.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to General Help and Support