I've been using PMS since it first came out with few issues at all and I've found it to be a great application. However updated toniught to 1.04 and when i settled down to watch Lost, there was no output on my TV with mencoder. Avisysnth/mencoder (with either Coreavc or ffdshow) and tsmuxer both worked OK. I tried again with mencoder and the PS3 showed a black screen again, the buffer's were filling up as normal on my PC and all 4 cores were working - in fact everything seemed OK excpet the lack of display or sound. I checked the display status on the PS3 and it showed the correct time length for the file, just it wasn't starting. I'm using the MT option in the transcoder settings which have always worked OK before tonight. I'm stumped as no other files are working either with mencoder - all of which worked previously.
Just dropped back to 1.03 and all is OK again - weird. Back up to 1.04 and the symptoms are back. PC seems fine decoding with all 4 cores - network streaming around 5 MB/s - just nowt on the PS3. Staying with 1.03 for now.