x264 data corrupt :( - little help please

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

x264 data corrupt :( - little help please

Postby LordBarker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi all,
new to these parts, have searched the forums but can't seem to find the answer. I can stream .mts files no worries, but having a problem with .264 MKV files all I get is 'data corrupt'. I have downloaded the newest version of ps3mediastreamer, do I need any additional codecs, files etc.?
Many Thanks :)
LordBarker

Re: x264 data corrupt :( - little help please

Postby meskibob » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:02 pm

Have you tried streaming the files through the #Transcoded# folder that's located at the top of your video files while browsing on the PS3?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Subject2Change » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:02 pm

They are not natively supported and will need to be transcoded instead of streamed to the PS3/TV. Use the one located inside the #--Transcoded--# folder and that will force a transcode and should play down fine. However if you are on a wireless connection, a dated machine or other variables it may play down choppy and stutter.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Postby LordBarker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi,
Yes this is what I have been doing using the one in the transcoded folder and still get the same 'data corrupt' message.
I have just installed the standard ps3mediaserver, do I need anything extra live avi synth etc.?
Even with the 'skiploopfilter' enabled I still get data is corrupted - any ideas!?
Alternatively is there anyway I can get the .mts on the ps3 hardisk as get the 'out of space' error even when there is enough space free.
many thanks
LordBarker

Postby Garwalde » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:56 pm

If you haven't already, try reinstalling all codecs, an easy way is to do this
is to download the K-Lite media pack, just google "K-Lite", download and
install. AVI Synth is not in it so download it separatly, everything else you
need is there.
Garwalde

Postby Subject2Change » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:19 pm

Ya not sure if PMS installs any codecs however I left my TVersity codec pack installed and haven't had any issues with playback of transcoded files. There are an assortment of good codec packs.

CCCP - http://www.cccp-project.net/
Vista Codec Pack - http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... kage.shtml
K-Lite Codec Pack - http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_l ... c_pack.htm
TVersity Codec Pack - Simply install TVersity along with the Codec pack and just uninstall the TVersity Media Server application and keep the codecs.
Core2Duo E8400 (@ 3.0), 8gigs of Mushkin, Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit, 2.5 TB of Space, Wired to Linksys WRT54G wired to 80GB MGS4 PS3 on Sharp 32" 720p LCD TV
Subject2Change

Postby H5N1_NL » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Update 25 feb: all mkv with the wvc1 codec do not play. Unfortunately there are more and more.

Have you found a solution allready?
My problem is similar, because I've got a few mkv's that won't play and give data corrupt.

I don't think it is a coincidence, they don't convert with mkv2vob as well. It has something to do with
h.264 ans x.264, but I haven't got the knowledge (yet) for a complete understanding of this codec thingy.

Thanx for the effort of providing a bit clarity on this subject in advance.

H5N1_NL

The extra info which I have about the file is this:

General
Source : Bluray
Format : Matroska (mkv)
Total File size : ~100GiB
Overall bit rate : ~18Mbps

Untouched Video
Format : VC-1
Codec ID : WVC1
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps

English Audio
Format : 5.1 - DTS 1536 Kbps -48.0 KHz

Dutch Audio
Format : 5.1 - AC-3 448 Kbps - 48.0 KHz

Subs
Language : Dutch (selectable)
Q6600 on a MSI SATAII mb, 4GB RAM and 2 TB storage. Running on Vista 32 business with 1Gbit wired home network.
H5N1_NL

Return to General Help and Support