Can't connect although PMS says it's ready

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Can't connect although PMS says it's ready

Postby peterm » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:10 pm

Hello,

okay, maybe I am a dummy:

ip.host == 192.168.1.103 and ip.host == 239.255.255.250

no results/no packets showed (the IP adress of my PS3 is ...103 today).

Configuration of PMS: No override of any settings!

How can I find out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your patience!
peterm

Postby meskibob » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:46 pm

I put it in the "CODE" box for a reason, as that is the exact syntax you need to use within the wireshark filter. To reiterate:
Code: Select all
host 192.168.1.103 and host 239.255.255.250
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby peterm » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:24 pm

I know, but that doesn't work:

peterm

Postby meskibob » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:48 pm

Sorry, forgot about that filter. The filter I was referring to is in the "Capture Options" window...
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html ... tions.html
Paste the code I listed in the text box next to the Capture Filter button.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby peterm » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:55 am

Sorry for ME having not found that filter :)

Okay, I cannot believe it, but there is NO TRAFFIC when I start PMS - with deactivated Windows Firewall, again.

When I ping my PS3, the pakets show up in Whireshark....

How is that possible? I dont get it....
peterm

Postby Heltidsluffare » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:25 pm

I got something for you.

I had the exact same problem as you, PMS said "its ready" but PMS didnt show on my ps3 and there was no traffic.
I had my windows firewall disabled and no other firewall installed.
In my firewall i had javaw allowed to do what ever it wanted in every type of network, home work and public. (but that shouldn't make any diffrent due to the fact that the firewll is disabled.)

What i did was:
I enabled the firewall.
I removed the javaw rules so i would get the guesting againt next time i started PMS.
I started PMS and the firewall asked me again, like it did the first time, how thw firewall should treat javaw.
I allowed it to do what ever it wanted on any type of network, like i did the first time.
Anyways, after i did this totaly unlogical thing it worked just fine.

Only a microsoft "restart it and it works" solution to a. microsoft problem.

Hardware:
laptop with win7
fat ps3
both wired in an simple switch and both with local ip's, no internet, no router, no nothing fance
Heltidsluffare

Postby brom_arch » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:44 am

I am lost. Having similar issues to those stated above and tried countless solutions.

I am having the same problem with wireshack suggesting no data is getting to my PS3, but if i ping my PS3 it responds. Cidero shows that PS3MS is running but it cannot detect the PS3. For that matter in my travels (countless speradic attempts) WMP could not detect it either. But i recall early on - when i had no use for a MS and i was just trying the PS3, it did once connect. But no luck now.

My PS3 is connected wireless-ly to my router and manages to keep me online for MW2 but will not connect to a media server...

I do occasionally get traffic from the PS3 - Source 192.xxx.x.xx Dest. 239.255.255.250 - Leaving group, followed by a joining group(status) on wireshack.

TBH this is probably my last effort regarding making this work on the wireless network. Maybe one day soon ill run a cable. My last effort and probably (looking at time stamps) a year too late.
brom_arch

Postby cabalero » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 pm

I also have this problem... but my network connection has a particular configuration: my PC is connected to the router by ethernet cable, and the PS3 is connected to the router by wireless. I think the problem is caused by that mixed connection (wireless and ethernet cable) because i already tried to use a PC connected by wireless to the router and it recognized the PS3. Don't know if your network is configured this away, but since a haven't found a solution maybe someone could try a fix.

The PMS log window display the same messages as you do. In the end it continuesly send the the message "SENDING ALIVE..." and that's it...
Thanks (and sorry for my bad english :P)
cabalero

Previous

Return to General Help and Support