PS3 won't play all content

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 won't play all content

Postby Pixie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:14 am

Hello!

My PS3 won't play video nor let me view pictures while music (mp3-files are the only ones I've tried) works fine. I've had the same problem with different software as well. Can this be due to lack of codecs on my computer? Where do I go to solve this matter?

I also get this line in the log:

[pool-10-thread-3] TRACE 00:56:37.046 Error during the parsing of image with Sanselan... switching to Ffmpeg: Image Resource Block missing padding byte

...if that by some chance could be related.

I've read through the guides, FAQ's and such to no avail.

Thanks in advance.
Pixie

Re: PS3 won't play all content

Postby Phookoo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi

Unfortunately, this isn't to help, but to add a related request for help.

I have almost exactly the opposite problem. I can stream most video perfectly, but images or music files of any type don't even show up on the PS3. Any ideas?
Phookoo

Postby meskibob » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:28 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Phookoo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Wow, good find! I didn't know what terms to use to search competently, but that pointer solved the issue for me.

In case there are ever any issues with following that link for anyone with the same issue, you need to set the folder you want the media server to share 'nearer' to the folders with the media you want to stream, as the PS3 will only allow you to see media in anything up to 8 subdirectories or sub folders. In my case, I was sharing the whole C drive, so by the time I got to my music folder, I'd entered into about 12 sub folders!

Thanks again!
Phookoo

Return to General Help and Support