Noob help Please (Web Radio) set-up

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Noob help Please (Web Radio) set-up

Postby sanjo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:17 pm

I have been playing around with this app for the last few days now and have been enjoying some of the .mkv's I have only been able to watch on my PC since my old modded xbox1 cant handle the 720p formats.

On to my question. I can see the media server when running it on my main PC but ther are no options for any of the other "streaming features" is has listed like internet streams for web radio. I have searched the forums but havent found anything this basic yet.

What am I missing here? I would assume there would be some extra links in the media server somewhere to play the streams?

Thanks for the help :)
sanjo

Re: Noob help Please (Web Radio) set-up

Postby sanjo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:04 pm

Bumping because I would really like to give this software a fair shake, Im not real happy with Tversity but atleast I can stream web stations with it easily.

Any help would be great.
sanjo

Postby sanjo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:00 pm

Thanks for the help.
sanjo

Postby J_Lane » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:48 am

I'm also a noob and I would like to know how to

1. Add internet radio stations and
2. Can I have the program automatically do Podcasting so I can just pull it right up on my PS3?

Thanks in advance for any help.
J_Lane

Postby J_Lane » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:01 am

OK. I think I figured it out Sanjo. Go into the PS3 Media Server folder and there is a file called WEB.config that contains all the links. I haven't tried any of my own yet but I think it's just going to be a copy paste thing. make sure that you save it and don't change the file format either. Good luck.
J_Lane

Return to General Help and Support