PMS & My Western Digital NAS

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PMS & My Western Digital NAS

Postby viper » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Hi all,

I am considering PMS for my PS3 setup to play vids/ films however I have a couple of queries.

I currently have all my data (DivX, MPG, AVI, VOB) stored on a NAS (Western Digital My Book World Edition II - WDG2NC10000E) which is in a different location to my PS3 and network connected via a Devolo network plug and as this is where I keep all of my data as it's RAIDed I don't want to move it anywhere.

When I scan for Media Servers on the PS3 I don't see my NAS so as I understand it I need to install a DLNA app on it however I haven't been able to confirm is PMS will work on my model NAS. I've heard of another, 'Twonky', but as I understand it this doesn't give the cover art and I'm very much interested in a jukebox style interface... and to be honest I'd rather not mess around with my data (even if it is RAIDed) using trial and error.

So, does anyone have my NAS (or a similar one) using PMS or can anyone give me a little guidance... any help gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
viper

Return to General Help and Support