Bravia Podcasts not working PS3MS

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Bravia Podcasts not working PS3MS

Postby teake » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:04 pm

Hello, First of all thanks all for contributing to such a fine program!

I'm installed PS3MS for use with my 40W5500 Sony Bravia. All things seem to work fine, but not the podcasts. I have the item "web" (and "world-radio" because of the other topic I found here). But the TV says there are no playable files in this folders. (Or similar text, mine is in Dutch).

VLC player 0.9.9 does play the streams fine (copied from web.conf, and pasted in VLC), but the same streams are not played by the bravia via the PS3MS.
Server is restarted several times, installation is done correctly.

Who's got a solution for this?

Thanks in advance and with kind regards,
Teake
teake

Re: Bravia Podcasts not working PS3MS

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:13 pm

teake wrote:VLC player 0.9.9

Look in the Traces tab, you'll see something similar to this:

[main] TRACE 12:37:42.434 Unfortunately, VideoLAN 1.x is not supported at this point. Last known working version is 0.98

That's were I would start.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Dan

Postby teake » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:36 pm

I thought of that too, but no problems: VLC 0.9.9 seems to work fine:
Code: Select all
[main] TRACE 16:51:09.296 Found AviSynth plugins dir: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Common Share\plugins
[main] TRACE 16:51:09.296 !!! It seems VSFilter.dll is not installed into the AviSynth plugins dir ! It could be troublesome for playing subtitled videos with AviSynth !!!
[main] TRACE 16:51:09.296 Found VideoLAN version 0.9.9 at: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
[main] TRACE 16:51:09.390 Registering transcoding engine AviSynth/FFmpeg

Do you think the avisynth part could be a problem for the podcasts?
And/or downgrading to VLC 0.9.8?
Hint to that direction is also that this doesn't work either: Music>web>radios>radios with VLC>no playable items

But: VLC seems to register OK.
EDIT: tried VLC 0.9.8: no difference at all. So that's not the solution (sadly).

Anyone else?
teake

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:09 pm

I don't know. One of the first things I did with PMS was move the Web.conf file out of the PMS install directory so that all the streaming was disabled. VLC v1.x had important features over it's predecessors that I really didn't care if PMS could stream or not. The same was true for me with subtitles, I installed VSFilter.dll just to keep PMS from complaining about it in the Traces tab (one less thing to look at). Sorry, that's the best I can do. Good luck.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Dan

Return to General Help and Support