Any way to browse PS3MS from a PC?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Any way to browse PS3MS from a PC?

Postby rhedh » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:24 pm

This probably has been asked before but I couldn't find any good information. Is there any way to browse the same exact files that the PS3 can see from a PC? Similar to TVersity, where it basically just looks like a regular HTTP directory and you can stream everything right there. If the feature currently isn't possible, I'm guessing one could be added in quite easily?
rhedh

Re: Any way to browse PS3MS from a PC?

Postby meskibob » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:30 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Any way to browse PS3MS from a PC?

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:45 am

Actually, you don't need PMS to stream files from one computer to another. Just allow simple directory sharing on the local (source) computer. On the remote (destination) PC the shared directory will appear as a local directory, it can even be assigned a drive letter (although that is not necessary). Then using your favorite file manager, all you have to do is play the files the same way you would play them on the source PC. I do this with a computer that is wired up with a 250 foot cat6 cable from where the files are stored.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Dan

Return to General Help and Support