Black Screen, Playlists and Congratulations

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Black Screen, Playlists and Congratulations

Postby oz3d » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Having a large music and photo collection and DLNA 4405 and 2006 problems with WMP11 and Tversity, I tried PS3 Media Server. IT WORKS!!!! - and without any effort on my part. Brilliant.

But of course I would like everything to be explained and some non-working items to work - so here goes.

1. I would like to get a playlist going so I can avoid being limited to individual music or photo folders - how do you do it in PS3MS?

2. Where is there a single source of help to use all the options on PS3MS?

3. Do you need to enable the media library and scan all shared folders - what is the advantage?

4. All the video web services come up black - what can I do to fix that?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
oz3d

Re: Black Screen, Playlists and Congratulations

Postby otmanix » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:25 pm

3. Do you need to enable the media library and scan all shared folders - what is the advantage?

No, you don't have to. If you wantaccess to your media files via virtual folder in XMB you have to enable it. It offers additional features like music sorted by album, artist, genre and so on.

4. All the video web services come up black - what can I do to fix that?

I depends... There are bugs in later versions of VLC, also lots of sites which offer content try to sabotage third party applications to use their media. Also this web streaming thing is not main focus of the developers.
I provide NO application support via PM, so please post your question to the forum.
PS3 Media Server related articles on my blog: http://otmanix.de/?cat=11&lang=en
otmanix

Return to General Help and Support