NEWB here, question for the experts

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

NEWB here, question for the experts

Postby moshimoshi14 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Not quite sure how I would search this so sorry if this has been answered somewhere.

Hooked up PS3 and it immediately found my server and I can see my directory structure with no issues. I browse to the file I want to play, in this case and MKV, but I've tried AVI's and a WMV as well. Each time I get the same thing, it just says No Images Available and I can't do anything. I've waited 20 minutes just to see if it was loading.

Running a 3 ghz dual core Pentium.
Network is 100mbit 1 router with 100ft cable running to second router setup as switch, PS3 is in second router.
Server version is 1.10.51
moshimoshi14

Re: NEWB here, question for the experts

Postby meskibob » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:13 pm

moshimoshi14 wrote:...Each time I get the same thing, it just says No Images Available and I can't do anything...
"No Images" means you're in the Pictures section of the XMB, not Video. You need to be in the proper section of the XMB for the media you're trying to play.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support