Dont want to transcode

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Dont want to transcode

Postby bennyp » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:18 pm

I've been looking around for while, but cant seem to find a direct answer. I do not want to transcode any of my .m2ts video files to the ps3...I just want to stream without any transcoding. Is this an option in the UI, or do I just go directly to the file that is not in the ##transcode## folder and play it? thanks
bennyp

Re: Dont want to transcode

Postby meskibob » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:26 pm

bennyp wrote:...or do I just go directly to the file that is not in the ##transcode## folder and play it?
Bingo

And for a formal answer, directly from the feature list on the google code page:
Simple streaming of formats PS3 natively supports: MP3/JPG/PNG/GIF/TIFF, all kind of videos (AVI, MP4, TS, M2TS, MPEG)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby bennyp » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:06 pm

cool, I figured as much, but just wanted to make sure...thanks.
bennyp

Postby P_Ford » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:07 am

FWIW, since I only use formats the PS3 can handle natively, I simple hide the #Transcode folder# folder..

I also hide the library folder and just navigate the shared folders I have set up. I'm quite impressed with the speed and realtime updates when I add movies to the list.
P_Ford

Return to General Help and Support