Which way is best to RIP a DVD so it work optimal for PSM-PS

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Which way is best to RIP a DVD so it work optimal for PSM-PS

Postby frank_jarle » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:59 pm

(it might be wrong forum part, so please move the post if this is the case)...

As the big Star Trek fan i am i have the whole collection of all the ST series and movies, now its a hassle for me to bring in and out all the disc, pluss i like to take care of them.
I would like to rip all the DVD with as fast as possible but still be able to watch them using PSM, in addition i need to get all the subtitles as well. What is the best option here would it be to rip the DVD and store the files in another format, or would it simply be to make an ISO out of the DVD and store that on a share that PMS can access?

I have tried programs like DVD Shrink and Handbrake, but it simply takes "forever" to rip the dvd, so any suggestion how to do this fast either by converting the content to other format or to make the DVD into an ISO is very much welcomed :)

Thanks in advanced.

Frank
frank_jarle

Re: Which way is best to RIP a DVD so it work optimal for PSM-PS

Postby P_Ford » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:11 am

What do you call forever? It takes DVD Shrink less than 10 minutes to process most movies that I've used it on.... and thats converting them down to fit on a SL disc (4.3GB) I also set Shrink to output to a single .vob file instead of breaking it up into 1gb chunks.
P_Ford

Re: Which way is best to RIP a DVD so it work optimal for PSM-PS

Postby SJO[DK] » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:26 pm

I'm using MyMovies to rip DVDs directly to ISO. With that procedure I get movie description and covers etc. :mrgreen:
With ISO you keep the content of the DVD in its original shape, quality etc. and it takes approx. 10 minutes to rip a 2 hr movie (depend of your DVD-drive)
SJO[DK]

Return to General Help and Support