RE Video Artwork and the Alternative Folder

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

RE Video Artwork and the Alternative Folder

Postby matabrown » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi guys,

I have been using PS3MS for a while now, and have created a lovely set of thumbnails which used to be displayed on my PS3. However, I recently started using Windows Media Centre on my computer and to display the artwork on that, I must creat a picture named folder.jpg.

The problem is, now the PS3 seems to only want to look at the folder.jpg, whether I hide it or check the "Alternate videos cover art folder". Is there any particular way that the cover art must be placed in the "Alternate videos cover art folder" or does the standard file naming procedure of "Braveheart.mkv.cover.png" still apply?

At the moment I can only get it to work on the PS3 if I remove the folder.jpg. Surely the reason for the "Alternate videos cover art folder" is to distinguish between the two, and therefore (if checked) PS3MS should not search for folder.jpg.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thankyou.
matabrown

Re: RE Video Artwork and the Alternative Folder

Postby Bozster » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:14 pm

Here is what I do. I create an alternate for my covers. For example I have movies in videos/HD videos and I have artwork for each title in videos/HD covers. The same naming convention applies

moviename.mkv.cover.png

in my videos/HD videos folder I created subfolders like action, comedy, sci-fi etc. I put mkv files there. I have folder.jpg on each one of these subfolders to distuingish them and when I go in I see covers pulled from my videos/HD covers folder.
Bozster

Re: RE Video Artwork and the Alternative Folder

Postby Bozster » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:40 pm

Sorry I just noticed that I was actually wrong.. I don't have folders.jpg in each one.. that's why I see thumbnails for the actual movies.

Yes, you are absolutely right, there seems to be a bug. Folder.jpg or Folder.png should work independently from covers or at least recognize it so it doesn't interfer with actual movie covers.
Bozster

Return to General Help and Support