PS3 Media Servers turns itself off...

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 Media Servers turns itself off...

Postby ajha100 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:39 pm

Bug Report: PS3 media server shuts off on computer in the middle of streaming video to PS3 (detailed description below)...

Computer Specs: Windows XP SP3 (Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB ram)
Server version: PS3 Media Server 1.10.51
Network Connection: Wifi connection (to home network via router)
Problem: PS3 media server starts up, discovers PS3, works fine for about a minute, but about 30 seconds into an .RMVB video, the media server process self-terminates on the PC. I did not have this problem until a couple of days after installing the program. For the first two days, it worked great, and I saw five or six .rmvb files with no problems. Then, all of a sudden, the program just kills itself (not visible in the process tab of windows task manager).
Encoder: Mencoder

Please help, the program worked so well the first couple of days I had it, and then all of a sudden, I can't get it to stay running!
Attachments
debug.zip
PS3 Media Server Debug Log
(49.01 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
ajha100

Re: PS3 Media Servers turns itself off...

Postby meskibob » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:03 pm

You ran out of memory:
line 6172 of your debug.log wrote:[Thread-397] TRACE 20:57:10.718 FATAL ERROR: OutOfMemory / dumping stats

Decrease the "Transcode buffer maximum size..." setting under the Common Transcode settings.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: PS3 Media Servers turns itself off...

Postby ajha100 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:03 am

Thanks so much for your help, it worked! I set the buffer to 400 mb, and it seemed to fix the problem (strange since it worked fine at 600 the first couple of days, but no harm done). I am thoroughly enjoying PS3 Media Server once more!
ajha100

Return to General Help and Support