cant get vobsub subtitles

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

cant get vobsub subtitles

Postby MoltenTesseract » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:58 am

Hey, i'm trying to get vobsub subtitles to work, i've tried both of these tutorials, http://otmanix.de/english/2009/06/01/ja ... -avisynth/ and http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4465776 . but i still cant get it to work, when i set it to avisynth, the ps3 cant play it.

any ideas?

PS: i'm talking about embedded subtitles. and i'm using windows 7 64bit with shark007's codec packs.

EDIT: i fiddled with some options and now i can get it partially working... it works on some videos. not on others, and some videos have he wrong aspect ratio...

EDIT2: i'm now using the beta version, and the aspect ratio problem is fixed... but that's all thats fixed, still only some videos are working, others i get "the data type is not supported".
Last edited by MoltenTesseract on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MoltenTesseract

Re: cant get vobsub subtitles

Postby mattrk » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:26 am

I spent several days trying to get mine to work. A few tips as to how i did it.

1) Firstly, i had to make sure avisynth/mencoder was set as my Priority 1 video engine. (Use the up arrow to move it to the top so its bold)

2) Secondly, i had to setup Haali media splitter correctly. (Make sure Autoload vsfilter is set to yes & make sure your language and subtitle prefs are correct) You also need to make sure vsfilter is installed for AviSynth. Make sure you have a vsfilter.dll file in your c:\program files(x86)\avisynth 2.5\plugins folder. If you don't, you can copy it out of your K-Lite codec pack folder. (I forget where it is at the moment)

3) Lastly, i had to set my speaker output config in ffdshow audio decoder (Under the mixer section) to 3/0/2 - 5 channels LFE. (Check the box) I have a feeling that this has nothing to do with it, but i don't feel like experimenting with my setup until i finish the series i'm currently watching is over. lol

Thats what fixed it for me. :) My setup is as follows:

Windows 7 x64 RTM
Core 2 duo w/ 4gb of ram
CoreAVC w/ K-Lite Codec Pack (newest, non-64bit version. 32bit works much better)
mattrk

Postby MoltenTesseract » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:51 am

thanks for the reply... but i had already done them three steps... :(
MoltenTesseract

Postby mattrk » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:40 am

Hmmm.

I've also heard that pulling subtitles out of the tile and naming the srt or sub file the same as your video works quite well. You might give that a shot.
mattrk

Return to General Help and Support