Help with anime

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Help with anime

Postby Kantraz » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:02 pm

Hey guys, I have used this media server for a long time, but recently I have begun watching anime, and a lot of what i DL have weird aspect ratios, and somehow, the server isn't that good to handle the resolutions.
So when watching anime, I have two options...
1. Let it play in fullscreen, and lose alot of the picture or...
2. Let it play in original size, which then is so small, I barely can read the subs :(

So guys, are there anyway, to make the server, make the aspect ratio fit for my television? :)
Kantraz

Re: Help with anime

Postby Topguy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Kantraz wrote:Hey guys, I have used this media server for a long time, but recently I have begun watching anime, and a lot of what i DL have weird aspect ratios, and somehow, the server isn't that good to handle the resolutions.
So when watching anime, I have two options...
1. Let it play in fullscreen, and lose alot of the picture or...
2. Let it play in original size, which then is so small, I barely can read the subs :(

So guys, are there anyway, to make the server, make the aspect ratio fit for my television? :)

May be you should tell us a little about your television then ?

The server doesn't change aspect ratio or resolution unless you have changed it in the transcode configurations.

I have never had any problems with missing picture, if you have told your PS3 what kind of TV you have (4:3 or 16:9) and the TV is set to fullscreen viewing and not "smart" "14:9" or "zoom" or other crap. Then you should always see full picture with possible black bars on top or on sides.
Topguy

Return to General Help and Support