Serious Playback Issue... Stops Playing Randomly?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Serious Playback Issue... Stops Playing Randomly?

Postby stiky » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:33 pm

I have been using PMS since it first was available, and only now have i had this problem. It seems that throughout any one of my movies they will play and than at some point STOP and i have restart them to only have it happen again. I don't know what is going on, but its getting really irritating.

I am using a Wired Connection, Windows Vista, i have a DUO Core AMD 2gb RAM. I am using MENcoder and tsmuxer (when its available). I am also streaming x264/MKV 720p files all with DTS (although i just transcode it to AC3).
Attachments
debug.zip
(31.31 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Last edited by stiky on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stiky

Re: Serious Playback Issue... Stops Playing Randomly?

Postby stiky » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:59 am

bump
stiky

Postby stiky » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:45 pm

bump
stiky

Postby LiquidCooled » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:30 pm

I have that problem with some mp4 files I have. The files were originally mkv with x264 video which I ran through MKV2VOB so that I could avoid having to transcode the files for streaming so that my wireless network wouldn't become a bottleneck and cause stuttering. It is very irritating and seems random, also it seems to vary between PMS builds. I had thought the problem didn't exist with build 356 for about 2 weeks but it does. The previous build was ok most of the time, the 2 builds before that were far worse. So hopefully next build will be better. Nothing odd ever shows up in my debug file so I have never been sure what causes problem. Still love the program though.
LiquidCooled

Postby stiky » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:55 pm

bump
stiky

Postby rafrono » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi

I've had the same problem twice. The first was this winter, when suddenly playback of anything (movies transcoded or not, music, photos) stopped playing at about 10 minutes of the beginning. Network errors, DLNA errors, etc. After failing in isolating the problem, I did everything I could, tried several versions of the PMS, reconfigured the PS3, reinstalled software in my computer, checked network...suddenly everything started working again and I didn't know exactly what I did to solve it.

Until yesterday. It is happening again and I don't know what's going on. I've done nothing with the computer and I've tried two versions of PMS: 1.10.51 and 1.11.356. Playback just hangs and no messages in the debug.log file.

Suggestions welcome...I can give more details if someone thinks that can help.

Thanks in advance
rafrono

Postby stiky » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:28 am

this bugs me cause i love this application!! :(
stiky

Postby Ridmeofcable » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:33 pm

Just downloaded PMS last night and got everything running with no problems. It is a great program and as I just bought the PS3 slim I'm realitivly new to the PS3 experience. Anyway, last night I was testing out the features and I was playing back Old School and about 3 times during the movie that I watched the movie would stop. Not knowing what was going on I thought my computer crashed as it seems Win 7 and DVDFab6 seem to not like each other some of the time. Anyway, everything was running fine on my computer but the movie was just stopped. Now, if I hit the slow rewind and by doing that the movie would rewind enough that when I hit play it would play just fine. I did this for the next 2 times, but you do have to wait a little bit before it starts rewinding. Not sure if this helps at all but more information on this issue will hopefully track the problem down. I'm currently trying to get everything steam lined so the wife can use it and I can ditch cable tv all together. Too bad Hulu doesn't work with the PS3 anymore. :x
Ridmeofcable

Postby stiky » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:46 pm

bump
stiky

Postby shagrath » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:50 pm

is this happening with all videos ? the log is weird, it's like the video is only 20 minutes long (or it seems it's not :p)
shagrath
Project Lead

Next

Return to General Help and Support