Movie playback stops after 20 mins on Samsung TV

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Movie playback stops after 20 mins on Samsung TV

Postby Cim » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Movie is speeded up (with no sound) when tsMuxer is used on movie that is not 25 FPS. Are you sure that MEncoder engine is used? In my config under MEncoder options only option turned on is A/V sync alternative method. With TranscodeVideo=MPEGTSAC3 movies work till the end but audio loses sync with video as movie progresses. I'll try different -mc options to see if it helps...
Cim

Postby msurg » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:27 pm

Samsung released new firmware (2009/09/30_002005).
Upgraded my TV still same problem movie playback stops after 20 mins.

Then I tried Serviio (http://www.serviio.org). Works like a charm with Samsung TV (external subtitles, pause, FFW, no transcoding yet)(FFW working only with avi files).
I think I will continue with Serviio until PMS find a soution for Samsung TVs.
msurg

Postby gustavoas » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:16 pm

Serviio looks really great for a Samsung TV! It catalogs all my TV shows collection and display the thumbnail perfectly on my TV (searching from a database in the internet for the correct show and movie names). Unfortunatelly it does not cover transcoding which is mandatory for me since my TV (LN52A850) does not display subtitles and do not recognize most of my Divx files.
Maybe PMS guys could get together with Serviio guys and try to put some code together... I know I'm dreaming but it doesn't hurt giving suggestions :-D
gustavoas

Postby gustavoas » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:41 pm

Just downloaded latest version (367) but unfortunatelly the bug still exists, sometimes movie just stop playing and TV moves to the next video :-(
gustavoas

Postby gustavoas » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Anyone has an idea on what else I could do to solve this issue? Ive tried all parameters and code but nothing has worked. Transcoding is mandatory for me because of subtitles (my sammy does not support it).
gustavoas

Postby DaBuzzzzz » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:39 pm

I have simular probs but particular with playing DVD (MPEG2), Be it in folder or ISO does not matter, DVD starts fine, then looses sound en then comes to a halt after a few minutes

MKW wit H264 and AC3 or DTS streams play fine,can even use fastforward
DaBuzzzzz

Postby shagrath » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:53 pm

It's likely due to the nature of the Mpeg PS stream produced by mencoder (video with subtitles), not very well acknowledged by the samsung I guess (see earlier posts). Without subtitles, tsMuxer is used to produce a MpegTS stream. So I guess the TranscodeVideo=MPEGTSAC3 setting is your best chance by now
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby opcode » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:40 am

msurg wrote:Samsung released new firmware (2009/09/30_002005).

Then I tried Serviio (http://www.serviio.org). Works like a charm with Samsung TV (external subtitles, pause, FFW, no transcoding yet)(FFW working only with avi files).

I just tried Serviio with my Samsung PN-58B650 Plasma, but it won't play mkv files. Does yours?
opcode

Postby msurg » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:41 pm

opcode wrote:

I just tried Serviio with my Samsung PN-58B650 Plasma, but it won't play mkv files. Does yours?

Yes, it does.
msurg

Postby opcode » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:24 am

msurg wrote:
opcode wrote:

Yes, it does.

I just tried it again and it plays MKV files as long as I choose "Samsung Wiselink Pro" for the Renderer Profile. It doesn't, however, provide audio from DTS.

Has anyone figured out how to get the sound working from MKV with DTS on a Samsung with ps3mediaserver?

Thanks
opcode

PreviousNext

Return to General Help and Support