How To Do A Step By Step And Specific Installing..

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

How To Do A Step By Step And Specific Installing..

Postby LoveToResearch » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:34 am

What I mean by that is when I installed one from a long time ago- the folders- I mean EVERY FOLDER from my PC showed up on PS3's XMB! That is what I DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT TO HAPPEN AGAIN! :P However, I need to learn how to install and where to put the folder in first before connecting to PS3 via my wireless router.

So, I would like to put this in main directory as my C Drive which is mainly for my desktop. So, how do I guide myself by making a specific "selected" folder to be in PS3's XMB such as Photo, Music and Video Folders ONLY. Any idea how to do that? I must offer you guys my apology for being noob. I am not much familiar with the way how things work or should be handled in that way. Any helpful advices/tips/hints would be appreciated very much. Thanx!
LoveToResearch

Re: How To Do A Step By Step And Specific Installing..

Postby LoveToResearch » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:47 am

Can anyone please help me out with this matter? I really wanted to make this work. So, please help me out? Pretty please...??? Thanx!
LoveToResearch

Postby LoveToResearch » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:45 am

Anyone...??? Pretty please...? Thanx.
LoveToResearch

Postby LoveToResearch » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:16 pm

PLEASE. I NEED YOUR HELP. If you are viewing this topic- please don't leave- please reply. I am new to this and trying to understand how this works! Please... I beg of you. Please help me out. That is all I am asking for. Thank you very much.
LoveToResearch

Postby WorldOfHurt » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Take it easy, someone will get back to you eventually.

Continually reposting to berate the community for not answering you is not going to encourage a friendly response.
WorldOfHurt

Postby LiquidCooled » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:41 pm

LoveToResearch wrote:What I mean by that is when I installed one from a long time ago- the folders- I mean EVERY FOLDER from my PC showed up on PS3's XMB! That is what I DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT TO HAPPEN AGAIN! :P However, I need to learn how to install and where to put the folder in first before connecting to PS3 via my wireless router.

So, I would like to put this in main directory as my C Drive which is mainly for my desktop. So, how do I guide myself by making a specific "selected" folder to be in PS3's XMB such as Photo, Music and Video Folders ONLY. Any idea how to do that? I must offer you guys my apology for being noob. I am not much familiar with the way how things work or should be handled in that way. Any helpful advices/tips/hints would be appreciated very much. Thanx!

Dial back the desperation. Now the normal, usual way to have just the folders you want appear is to go to the Navigation/Share settings tab and in the Shared Folders window add the folders you want to be shared, using the plus button. You should then click the magnifying glass button to the right.
LiquidCooled

Postby ExSport » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:48 pm

What about to use otmanix guide? Try searching in forum for it ;)
ExSport

Return to General Help and Support