DTS Audio Sync Works in SOME videos

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

DTS Audio Sync Works in SOME videos

Postby varandian » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:40 pm

1- your computer specs (cpu, memory, O/S) and the precise server version you're using

Intel Core2 Duo 2.1GHz, 4GB, Vista 64-bit, PMS v1.10.51

2- the network connection you are using for streaming your files (wifi, homeplugs, ethernet 100Mbits, or gigabit)

Wired 100MBps

3- detailed infos on what's not working

I am trying to playback MKV files with DTS audio (yes, the option is checked for "Keep DTS audio in stream") and some of the MKV files with DTS audio are out of sync (the audio comes 1-4 seconds before the video). All of my MKV's are encoded with H264 video and either AC3 or DTS. The AC3 ones work just fine and some of the MKV's with DTS works fine. I have attached the MediaInfo for Blade II which is NOT in sync and for Jurassic Park III which IS in sync. They both have DTS audio and they both work great on my computer but not on the PS3. The only thing that I can see that is different is that Blade II is 7 channels and Jurassic Park III is 6 channels.

4- if you're transcoding some videos, which engine are you using ? (mencoder, avisynth/mencoder, tsmuxer)

Same result with all of the different engines. I have tried it with the "A/V Sync Alternate Method" on and off. I have also tried it with:

container == mkv :: -mc .05 -ofps 25

5- a debug.log file excerpt, or you can zip the whole file. this file can be found in the application directory, or if you have UAC and Vista activated, likely found in the Windows temp directory

Attached. I stopped PMS, deleted the debug.log, started PMS, picked Blade II, let it play until the audio was out of sync, and then stopped playback.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. I don't know what else to try...If you need any additional from me, please don't hesitate to ask. I can provide whatever you need to assist in troubleshooting...thanks!
Attachments
Debug, Blade2, and JP3 MediaInfo.zip
(57.46 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
varandian

Re: DTS Audio Sync Works in SOME videos

Postby varandian » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:38 am

Just an update...

I tried the same videos with v1.11.356 and experienced the same issues.

Attached is another zip file with the 4 MKV's that I've been testing with and having problems. You'll be able to tell from the filenames what the issues are...

Thanks!
Attachments
PMS Audio Sync Issues.zip
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
varandian

Return to General Help and Support