Thumbnail generation support

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Thumbnail generation support

Postby matabrown » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:41 am

Guys,

I have been following this thread for a while,

I grabbed a few of the templates for cover art while they were around, and merged them together to create my own (plus a little extra). Hope these help somebody!

I added the Dolby surround symbol and a episode number for people wanted to generate individual files for each episode. I wrote a photoshop action to make this easier (i.e. Episode 1.avi.cover.png, Episode 2.avi.cover.png... etc.), if anyone wants it just shout.

Temp: http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/1 ... p-psd.html
Some I made Earlier: http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/1 ... s-zip.html

Again I can't really take any credit for these I just made them a little different to suit my needs. Sorry about the wierd website; PS3MS.com wouldn't let me upload *.psd files.
Attachments
Valkyrie.mkv.cover.png
Photoshop template
Valkyrie.mkv.cover.png (54.33 KiB) Viewed 4318 times
matabrown

Postby FetterBr » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:19 am

Hi to all.

I saw that you could control the seconds to read into the file to create the thumbnail. I like that very much. Now my question. I have not been able to see any thumbnails on PS3 yet when i browse my movies. I have setup the application as good as i think and filled in all cliks etc.. Can somebody tell me what i do wrong.?

Second the idear to create thumbnails seconds into the file, is there any trick to do this also in windows explorer when browsing trough the files i have. I use Win7 now.

Thanks.
FetterBr

Postby bortek » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:00 pm

If you own a Mac you can try SlipCover
bortek

Postby Millertime2325 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:46 am

Okay, I'm confused.

I've read in this thread that it's possible to put cover art for each folder, and I've read that this is not possible.

I have all 8 seasons of the Drew Carey Show streamed to my PS3 - What I'd like to do is have the DVD cover for each season to be on each respective folder. I can't do it for some reason - I've tried folder.jpg but it doesn't work.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Millertime2325

Postby meskibob » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:39 am

You can apply a single cover art image to all the files within a folder, but not to the folder icon itself. The latter won't be possible til DLNA/Sony supports it.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby therockscott » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:52 pm

I'm also trying to generate thumbnails. I have the settings correct and have specified a specific folder and have renamed file to be exactly what the .avi is in the same folder. When I see the file on the PS3, the image is there. I want to see the folder on the ps3 with the image not when i'm ready to watch only the movie. PMS is fantastic and it's really saving me money by not going to buy a dedicated server because i want to see the album art. If hooking FAT hd to PS3 is the only way, it defeats the purpose so speak of streaming. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
therockscott

Postby LiquidCooled » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:54 pm

I think that's a DLNA limitation not a PS3MS or PS3 limitation. Folder icons are just the theme default, as in they only change if you change the ps3 theme. If you have the files either on the ps3 harddrive or a usb connected drive then that is not limited by DLNA and the ps3's own os does its own thing.
LiquidCooled

Postby akadennis » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Hello everyone. I just installed the ps3 media server and absolutely love it. I figured out how to do the cover art for my vob files. I can see the cover art when I stream the movie, however when I copy it to my PS3 hard drive the art reverts back to a black screen. Is it possible for the VOB file to retain the image on the PS3 hard drive? If this has been answered please forgive me. Thanks 2 anyone who responds.
akadennis

Postby thorin33 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:19 pm

I can get the PMS to generate thumbnails per movie file (using the <moviename>.avi.cover.jpg and using the time option) but cannot get the folder.jpg to work. I would like to do this with my TV episodes and have tried all the steps shown in this topic. Any hints on how to make this work? I am using the latest beta build 1.11.369.
thorin33

Postby LiquidCooled » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Newer build available, 381, don't know if it will help but I think Shagrath has updated lots so worth a go.
LiquidCooled

PreviousNext

Return to General Help and Support