Directories not refreshing automatically.

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Directories not refreshing automatically.

Postby wanton » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:53 pm

If i example download/copy something to directory i've browsed with ps3 before, it's not visible. But if i remote/delete a file from the directory it is removed from ps3 listing once i go to another directory and get back.
It's driving me nuts to have to restart http server every time to view new files.
Running 1.11.356 here.
wanton

Re: Directories not refreshing automatically.

Postby wanton » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Oh...now i get it files get added to directory but to end of the list. They are not sorted like the rest, that's why i couldn't find them.
wanton

Postby ExSport » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:00 pm

It is feature ;)
Shagrath already spoke here about that. Better for people to find new files recently added...
ExSport

Postby wanton » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:47 am

;) But this "feature" gets annoying once pms has run for a while and the are lot of new files in a directory. Hope this gets fixed or atleast an option not to use this "feature" :)
wanton

Postby zzTroyzz » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:20 pm

I noticed that after the server is restart the files are sorted in the sort method defined (default, alphabetically for me).

I don't mind newest files showing up at the bottom, I suppose it does make them easier to find, but I don't want them there for long periods of time.

Because I have PMS installed as a service, I just wrote a little batch file and setup a Windows Scheduler task to restart it every day at 4 AM. This will put the files in the sorted position.

Code: Select all
@echo off
net stop "PS3 Media Server"
net start "PS3 Media Server"
zzTroyzz

Postby ExSport » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:41 am

I suppose that restart of PS3 will do the same so it is not needed to restart whole server because I also suppose your PS3 is not running every day... 8-)
ExSport

Return to General Help and Support