error when copying to (ps3) harddrive?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

error when copying to (ps3) harddrive?

Postby AidyD » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:48 pm

hi im new here on these forums - so just want say congrats on a great, easy to use programme!

but i am having a little problem, hopefully a simple one caused from ignorance (im not the most tech savvy guy in the world)

having played around with this app and tversity and all that entails being a newcomer to media servers etc yesterday -

im now at the point verging on hd conversions etc but im having a problem that isnt even on google. that iv seen so far.

i cant copy a couple of (test) videos to my ps3 hardrive, but can stream fine . (poor quality but il look at improving that next)

i get an error - not enough hard drive space available' whenever i try to copy the file.

my ps3 has 60 gigs space available?

both files are pretty much the same -

24:11
File Size 82MB
Format Flash Video
Quality 474Kbps
Audio Channels 2
anybody able to help me here at all? any feedback is great
AidyD

Re: error when copying to (ps3) harddrive?

Postby AidyD » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:06 pm

ah sorry iv found the reason to this now, its a problem with the actual ms and will be coming in the next patch.

anyone know a rough date for the next update by chance?
AidyD

Postby AidyD » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:13 pm

just thought id post back here (surprised no-one corrected me?)

you CAN copy files to your ps3, i just copied the new resi cgi film and spirited away 720p in full glory.

resi was a divx file and spirited was upgraded with the vlc player to AVC took me a little longer getting the avc on tho
AidyD

Postby AidyD » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:58 pm

p.s spirited away needed to be downgraded and chopped as the total file size was 94 gigs!
AidyD

Postby j2048b » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:14 pm

AidyD wrote:p.s spirited away needed to be downgraded and chopped as the total file size was 94 gigs!

There is a posting on here that talks about the 94 gig PROBLEM!!

The items are not in fact 94 gigs at all, they just appear that way for some reason, i dont remember why, but in the future they should be of normal size, i believe they will be adding in a "fake" of some type that allows the ps3 to see the original size instead of the streaming size of 94 gb,

try to add any movie you have onto a usb stick and plug it in see if you can then copy it over?
j2048b

Return to General Help and Support