HELP WITH CONFIGURATION PLEASE!!!!

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

HELP WITH CONFIGURATION PLEASE!!!!

Postby jay-t » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:02 am

Might I first start off by sayin that I am LOVING this beautiful app :mrgreen:

I've recently got a digital Blu-ray copy of a movie in its original M2TS format. The movie streams PERFECTLY to my PS3 with PMS in its default setting, but the audio stream is off. Its in LPCM 5.1 format as its default. Unfortunately my HDTV can only do 2 channels since I dont have a sound system :( , but with an analysis of the M2TS container itself, I see it has the Dolby(AC3) as its next option.

I know a way to get this done is to a TSmuxer gui to rearrange the audio files, but thats not a viable option to me since I have a very diminished harddrive space at the moment :lol:. but is there a way I can use PMS to do this since my PS3 has way more free space left on its HDD? Thanks
jay-t

Re: HELP WITH CONFIGURATION PLEASE!!!!

Postby meskibob » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:24 pm

Choose the audio track from the #Transcode# folder.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby jay-t » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:14 pm

It only shows German & Spanish audio AC3, but I know for a fact it has English.

UPDATE: It works but the video bitrate is ENORMOUS running at 200MBPS ... I really dont want to transcode with mencoder because of this, just want to mux the right audio track with TSMuxer
jay-t

Postby jay-t » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:01 am

Another issue im having is that when i use PMS to copy over a Blu-Ray rip to my ps3 (wired & wireless) it shows Mpeg-4 for the main movie file. When I click on the "transcode" folder with TSmuxer & Mencoder it shows the same file, same file size, but a lower video bitrate Mpeg-2 folder. Why is that? and how can I make it use MP4/AVC .M2TS container as my main format instead of the Mpeg-2 one since the MP4 shows better quality.
jay-t

Return to General Help and Support