PMS User Manual

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PMS User Manual

Postby muja69 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi, I am a new and very unexperienced Mac user. I installed PMS and can stream pictures, videos and music from the Mac to the PS3 without problems. I would like now to be able also to access playlist and web streams from the PS3, but can't find any help on how to do that. Is there a tutorial/user manul/anything to help me? Also, I looked for the WEB>CONF file in my Mac, but can't find it...Thanks for the help!
muja69

Re: PMS User Manual

Postby meskibob » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:13 pm

Playlists just require you to create a proper m3u file..

For web content, you need to open the PS3MediaServer package and find the file WEB.conf inside, which you can then edit. You can then access the content from the WEB folder when browsing PMS on the PS3. See the following for various streams people have used: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby muja69 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Thank you!
I have created a playlist which is in one of the shared folder, but don't see it on the PS3...what am I missing?
muja69

Postby Uridium » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:30 pm

I had to create my playlists in .PLS format for them to stream.....

Used this nice little app http://www.oddgravity.de/app-opc.php
Uridium

Return to General Help and Support