HELP! - Media Server found, but no media recognized!

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: HELP! - Media Server found, but no media recognized!

Postby LiquidCooled » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:18 pm

The Transcode Folder is a way of forcing PMS to transcode your videos, basically it saves you fom going back to the pc with PMS on it if you are having a video playback problem and want to transcode it. It gives you some control over PMS via the XMB on your PS3.
Refuse to touch iTunes so don't know, but there is the option to show your iTune library under the Navigation/Share Settings tab.
It can be but I don't know how reliable it is. Apparently you can also install PMS more than once on a PC, obviously to different directories, and, using the IP filter set each up for a specific PS3.
I wish I could remember where but someone created a very good manual somewhere in the forum, some time with the search would probably show it.

As far as Vista is concerned, personally I love it. I am using the 64 bit version too and I have never had any of the problems reported in media, in fact I have found it to be faster and easier to use than XP. For PMS, it has almost always worked for me on install without any tweaking. But life is too short so as long as you have got PMS working to your satisfaction under XP I wouldn't loose any sleep.
LiquidCooled

Postby ShootingBlanks » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:22 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yeah - I'd definitely love to have it going on Vista, just for the speed issue alone (my laptop is FAR superior to my desktop). I've tried everything I've been told in this thread earlier, though, to no avail. :(

Oh well. I've got my iTunes playlists working, so now I just have to figure out how to get my 2nd PS3 rolling on this. Thanks again for all the help!!!
ShootingBlanks

Postby ShootingBlanks » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:30 pm

EDIT TO MY POST ABOVE:

I just remembered that the only thing I did not try was disabling my firewall all together. I just did that on Vista, and it still doesn't recognize the PS3, so it's definitely not a firewall issue. What else could it be besides firewall stuff???
ShootingBlanks

Postby ExSport » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:32 pm

Antivirus, PUBLIC/PRIVATE mode on network card or bad network interface chosen?
Didn't read whole thread so maybe some of them were already suggested...
ExSport

Postby ShootingBlanks » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:38 pm

Yeah - I checked all that stuff. This is really frustrating me! The install on my XP didn't activate all the audio/video transcoders, but the one on my Vista did. I wish I could figure out what's wrong here. :x
ShootingBlanks

Previous

Return to General Help and Support